Chapter 8- A Date With Destiny

OLIVER POV

I awaited the hospital everyday since the happening. I had just came back from the mall, I'd bought a gift for Brittany before I would be leaving. When I pulled in her driveway I heard terrible screaming and I rushed in to find Brittany bloody and unconcious on the ground. Her mother crying rivers.

I didn't really know what happened. All Christle told me was that she was hit with a bottle. I was pretty flauntered to even think of how the bottle smashed against her head.

Feeling a bit woozy in the paramedic truck I sat down and began to hyperventilate a bit.

Remembering those unfaithful minutes in the truck I walked up to Brittany's bed. Though she looked beaten and very pale she was still beautiful.

" Hey Britt." I said. Though I knew she couldn't hear a word I said, I felt lonely. I would be leaving tommorow and I know I wouldn't be there when she opened her eyes once more.

" I'm going to be leaving tommorow. I'm pretty siked about it..Who would've ever thought that I'd actually get a chance using the Lou." I laughed, the laugh was cold and lifeless and it soon turned into a groan. I wiped my eyes from the tears that dared to hang off of them. Slowly I placed my hand on her cheek.

" I love you Brittany." I felt a small knot unfold in my chest. The only to time I have enough courage to tell her I loved her and she was in a coma. I crawled into her bed and slept by her side. Resting her head against my shoulder.

" Remember when we were little... We watched zombie movies all night and you got so scared I had to sleep with you? "

I kissed her forehead.

" You don't have to fear anymore...I'm here.."

I took out the gift I'd bought her at the mall. It was a golden heart locket. In the locket was a picture of me on one side and the other side her. Smiling and staring at each other. Encrusted in the gold was the words ' I Love You' . I opened her hand and placed the locket in there closing it into a fist. I pressed my lips softly against her finger and then climbing out of the bed. I looked out at here one more last time and walked out of the hospital but hopefully not out of her life..