Chapter 49- Intentions

Before I felt happiness, or even a sense of relief I felt betrayed. All these years of being alone, of thinking no one cared my dad was still here. Yet, there he stood before me, a smile spread across his face his hands outstretched to accept me. I stood still as still as a stone, my face sunken and my heart unbeatable.

" Aren't you happy to see me? " He dropped his arms and a look of confusion in the crease of his forehead.

" Happy? " I felt my wrist, letting my fingers slide against the ice skates charm that hung on my bracelet. The most special prized possesion of mine, I cherished for years. It was all a lie,

" You left me alone, to fend for myself and now you think I'm happy to see you? " My voice rose.

He walked up to me and squeezed my shoulders.

FLASHBACK

" I'll race you home Daddy!! " I ran through the dark woods, my bare feet slamming against the mud as the grass whipped at my arms. I could hear my father's frantic call to come back to him but being a little girl I thought he wanted to just slow me down so he could win. Daddy did things like that. I continued to run, my pace getting faster with every leap. I finally reached the street. I never crossed the street without daddy.

" You can't take me that easy Daddy! " I dashed across the street my feet burning from the simmering cement. I stopped at the department store, running out of breath I squeezed my knees and hovered over.

" Brittany!! " Daddy ran to me, he fell to my side and pressed me against his body. Squeezing my shoulders he yelled.

" Why did you stop? Why did you cross the street without me?? " I cried, tears escaping my eyelids.

" I'm sorry. I thought it was a game." He sighed and hugged me again.

I snapped out of my day dream and got back to reality.

" Look, I didn't mean to leave your mom and you... OK? It's complicated."

I pulled away. My arms tight to my body. Like I was a little girl all over again, and I was pouting over a stupid store item.

" Dad, save it, it's alright. "

" Brittany, Dont be mad at me OK? I will tell you why I left.. I just can't right now? Trust that I will tell you.. Can you do that for me?"

" Why trust in someone who has lied to you all your years? "

He sighed and squeezed the bridge of his nose.

" Alright.. Be mad. I deserved that. But.. I didn't come to you to fight.. I came to you for a proposal."

I scrunched up my eyebrows and dug my hands into the back of my jeans pocket.

" What propsal?"

He breathed.

" I'm working on taking revenge...revenge on Cody."