Making progress

That next day the house was silent. Charlotte sat at the table doing nothing. She was the only one awake, or so she thought.

"Hey why are you up so early?"
Bucky asked walking down the steps.

"I should be asking you the same thing." She said trying to wipe her tears but her arm wouldn't move.

"Woah, you're crying. What happened? Did you fall?" He asked rushing over to the table.

"No." She smiled through her tears. "Peter and I have decided to take a break. I just kinda didn't need anything else to happen at that moment so here I am, in the middle of a breakdown." She said.

"Man I'm sorry about at. It is probably best to move on." He sighed.

"You really think so?" She asked softly.

"Well He is the one who said you need a break but that's not what you wanted. So show him that you don't need him. That you are better off." Bucky said.

"Yeah you're probably right. Thanks Bucky." Charlotte smiled.

"Oh and I think I'm not up for physical therapy today she sighed

"Charlotte I know you are going through a ruff time but if you quit then it's only going to set you back." Bucky said.

"It's already getting worse. I can barely move my good arm anymore." She said.

"That's ok, we just need to work-"

"What if I'm a loss cause?" Charlotte interrupted.

"Excuse me?" Bucky asked caught off guard.

"What if there is no way to fix me? Maybe it's just time to let go." Charlotte said. Chris was walking down the steps when he heard their conversation. He stood on the steps and listened.

"Charlotte listen to me, get those thoughts out of your head. They will do nothing good for you." Bucky said stopping what he was doing.

"I'm sorry I have to go." She said and stood up and slowly walked outside. Bucky sighed and put back the apple he was going to eat.

"What was that about?" Chris asked walking into the kitchen.

"I don't know, but it's not good. She can really get herself hurt," Bucky sighed.

Mia was upstairs about to walk downstairs when peter walked out of his room.

"Oh hey peter. Why weren't you at dinner last night?" She asked.

"I fell asleep. Yesterday was pretty ruff." He sighed.

"Yeah I heard. I'm sorry man." Mia said.

"It's nothing. I better get back to hiding." He said and walked back into his room.

*one hour later*

"Hey, Bucky said you were hiding out here, why are you hiding out here?" Steve asked walking up to Charlotte.

"I wanted to see the horse. You know when I was little I always wanted to ride one. But then I moved to the city which ruined my chances." Charlotte sighed

"And you can ride one, as soon as you are strong, but why did you quit physical therapy?" Steve asked.

"I thought Bucky would have told you, since he likes to tell you everything." Charlotte said slowly walking away.

"Charlotte stop and talk to me." He said.

"Why? What good will that do? Is it going to take away the pain? Make me feel better? I hate my life now. And this stupid cane. I hate this thing!" She yelled and threw it passed Steve.
She was shocked she actually threw something.