#98 | knj

"I'm sorry for your loss, sister" your half-sister, your mother's daughter from another man, informed you that your mom just died from a heart attack. The sadness was obvious in her tone but she still tried to sound polite. You never liked your mom's new family, but you didn't hate them either.

It just upsets you that you couldn't even come since she's in another country now.

Even though both your mom and dad left you and started a different family, you couldn't hold such grudge since they're still your parents. Back then, you were the closest to your mother, only before she had a new family.

You cried inside your bedroom, hugging your knees as you looked out the window. If the stars were flowers, they were full bloom today. She's one of those stars now. You felt so lonely, but you're supposed to get used to it already.

You heard your apartment door creak open, fear was eating you up slowly.

You buried your face in your hands, covering your eyes as you curled up under the blanket.

Your heartbeat was abnormally fast, but to you, it was normal in times like this - your anxiety disorder.

It was as if your heart was being crumbled that you couldn't inhale any air.

Your bedroom door was next to open and you panted harder.

"Hayoon?", the voice that belonged to a man softly called you.

You couldn't even speak a single word, it feels like your neck was squeezed, making no sound.

A part of your bed slightly sank and you began to cry a little harder.

He pulled you up, making you sit down but your hands were still stuck to your face.

"It's me, Namjoon," he hugged you close.

"I-I'm..h-halluci.. hallucinating..", you struggled to put your words together as you tapped your head with your hands, eyes kept shut. You were thinking that Namjoon was just your imagination.

"You're not hallucinating..", he took your shaky hand, as you slowly opened your eyes.

He rubbed your back gently, soothing you, along with his free hand, fingers running through your hair.

You rested your head on his chest, slowly calming down in his presence. He's been there since you were kids. He's the only friend you had, and the only one who knows about your mental condition. It's like, he always comes when you need him without even having to tell him.

"I'm still here...", he pressed his lips against the top of your head.

"T-they.. all.. left..", you said in between sobs.

"You..? You're gonna leave me too?", you looked up at him with your puffy eyes.

He cupped your cheeks, wiping your tears with his thumb.

"Never."

He pulled away, leaving you staring at nothing in particular. He reached for the nightstand table and opened the drawer, taking some of your pills. He stood up and went to the kitchen, coming back with a glass of water.