Chapter 10: Scaredy Pup

We all stood at the front of the boat, Melissa was yelling at us, talking about the haunted house or something.

I don't really know, honestly. I'm just thinking about how horrifying this haunted house must be. I've been trying to read up on it so that hopefully nothing will be too scary or surprising. I would have to make sure to keep my eyes covered the entire time.

I got scared pretty easily, so on top of being spooked all of the time I had to worry about my eyes.

Hooray...

Melissa dismissed the little meeting she had called, although I wasn't really paying much attention. "Hey, Y/N. Are you okay?" An innocent and squeaky voice asked. I turned to see the one and only Daniel and smiled, rubbing my fingers over my bracelet once again.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked, laughing like a hyena.

Daniel looked worried as I quickly shut my mouth. "Your tail is tucked between your legs..." He trailed off. "I just know that that's what mine does when I'm upset or scared," He told me. Before moving closer and lowering his voice so no one else would hear. "Are you nervous about getting spooked in the haunted house? Because if so me and you could be buddies. That way it isn't so scary," He whispered, glancing around.

I swear, I think my heart just melted. Daniel was a really sweet guy and really innocent. I almost didn't want him to go to the haunted house in fear of him getting scared too much. I smiled at him. "I'll be fine Daniel. Thanks for the offer though," I smiled at him.

Daniel nodded. "Alright, well don't be surprised if you hear that I got sick. I really don't wanna go," He told me. I nodded and gave him a thumbs up before pretending to zip my mouth shut. Telling him that I wasn't going to tell anyone. Daniel nodded and walked away, the rest of the pack following.

I looked around and decided to head up to the pool. I untied the fabric that looked like a skirt majority of the time and hesitated before pulling off my bandana. I hopped into the water and swam around, happily. After a while, several people began to join.

Lucinda and Kim were hanging out at the edge, talking while Garroth and I were splashing one another. The splashing died down and I looked over at Lucinda and Kim with a mischievous grin. "Who's up for a game of chicken?" I asked.

Lucinda and Kim looked up. Kim looked hesitant, but Lucinda had a game face.

"Dibs on Lucinda!" I called out. Lucinda laughed, I knew she'd be just as competitive as I was. Kim slowly made her way to Garroth and I pulled Lucinda onto my shoulders.

I surfaced and waited for Garroth to get Kim on his shoulders before we started. I took a defensive stance and backed away when Kim leaned forward. Lucinda started to fall back in the water as Kim fell forwards. Lucinda fell in the water first, but I didn't let go. Garroth released Kim and Lucinda sat up from the water, cheering. Garroth pouted as I set Lucinda down, cheering and laughing.

Our celebration was cut off by a harsh and stern voice. "Y/N!" I turned towards the voice to see my dad at the edge of the pool, angry. My eyes widened as I looked down and pulled myself out of the water, putting my bandana over my eyes.

I looked back at my friends an waved. "See you guys later," I mumbled, heading to my room. I heard dad follow me as I grabbed a towel on my way so I wouldn't freeze.

I sat on my bed and he continued to glare at me. "Y/N, I told you you could come on the condition that you were careful," He reminded me.

I nodded. "I know, dad."

That only seemed to build his anger. "Then what were you doing!?" He demanded. "Y/N that was not careful! You could've hurt one of them," He scolded. I stared down at my feet shamefully.

There was a knock on the door as it creaked open. I looked over to see Garroth peek in. "Sorry to interrupt," He apologized. "But it wasn't Y/N's fault, sir. It's mine."

My dad scoffed and shook his head. "What are talking about, did you rip her bandana off of her or something?" Dad demanded.

Garroth gave a shy smile. "Yes, sir. I've been trying to get her comfortable without the shielding of a bandana," Garroth told him.

My dad was about to go into a spiel on how dangerous that could be, but Garroth spoke before he could. "Not to be rude, Mr. Lycan, but if she continues to wear something over her eyes, she'll never learn how to control her eyes. So if the bandana ever accidentally comes off, she could hurt a lot more people than if she gets used to it now," Garroth explained to him.

My dad let out a frustrated sigh. "Young man, you don't understand the dangerous possibilities behind this," Dad told him.

Garroth nodded. "Yes sir, I cannot fully understand the dangers and struggles, but that doesn't mean I don't see a solution," He explained.

Dad growled at him. "Your smart and strong willed, like your father, but one day that will get you in a lot of trouble boy," Dad said, walking passed him before turning back. "Remember. If one person gets hurt, you will be sent to the resort."

I waited for him to shut the door before hugging Garroth tightly. "Thank you so much," I breathed out. "I thought he was gonna send me back," I told him. Garroth smiled and hugged me back.

Both of us were still wet from the pool and I felt Garroth shivering a bit. I quickly released him. "You need to go change into dry clothes," I told him, pointing a finger like a stern mother.

Garroth laughed. "Okay, mum," He said, the word 'mom' making his accent more noticeable as he headed out the door.

"And when you're done I'll swaddle you in blankets until your warm," I told him. Garroth laughed at my attitude and walked out to his room. I smiled and sat on my bed, pulling out my laptop and deciding to watch some Netflix.

As soon as I started my movie, Garroth walked in and tackled me on the bed. I tossed my computer out of harms way as he lay across me. Garroth tucked himself into the blankets beside me. "What movie are we watching?" He asked, looking at my laptop. I rolled my eyes and reached across him, setting it in our laps.

"Mulan," I told him, rewinding the movie so I could actually watch it this time.

"Ooh! I love this movie!" Garroth cheered.