Chapter 16: Zuzu or GarGar?

"You mean GarGar, right?"

"No! ZuZu!"

I had been listening in on the conversation happening above deck, so far it had been extremely entertaining. Especially watching Garroth's confusion on the topic. Zianna was saying how proud she was of Zane for getting a girlfriend. Garte seemed to be having a problem processing it.

"Right, Congrats Garroth!" Garte cheered, not listening to what Zianna had told him.

I made my way  to the front end of the boat where Kawaii~Chan had stocked all of the cupcakes. Kawaii~Chan was as sweet as the food she made. After an incident with one of our fellow werewolves accidentally eating some chocolate (Good job, Blaze) Kawaii~Chan sorted all of her cupcakes with small little note cards that told you if they were werewolf friendly.

I grabbed one of her strawberry ones that were absolutely amazing and ate it, sitting by the edge of the boat as I watched the water wave by.

"Excuse me." I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned to see Garte who smiled upon recognizing me. "Hello, Y/N. You wouldn't happen to be dating my son, would you?"

My eyes widened as I felt my face heat up. Oh no, Garroth must have spilled the beans. "I-Excuse me?" I questioned.

"My son, Zane," He elaborated a bit more. A wave of relief fell over me, thank goodness I didn't have to face that issue head on.

I shook my head, "No, I'm not dating Zane," I laughed. Never in a million years.

Garte let out a hum of thought. "In that case, would you be interested in my other son, Garroth?" He asked. I felt my face heat up at the question. "You know, blond, strong, much like his father," Garte described.

I fell into a small fit of giggles. "Sir, I've met Garroth before," I informed him.

"Really! Then would you be interested?"

"Dad!" Garroth groaned from behind Garte. Zianna was with him as she glared at Garte. "You don't have to go around asking my friends if they like me," Garroth told him. Judging by Zianna's expression, he had taken the words right out of her mouth.

Garte laughed. "Why not! A strong young man like you deserves a beautiful girl," Garte said, punching his shoulder.

"Dad, you don't have to because I'm already dating someone," Garroth blurted it out, looking a bit flustered. Awe. His face was pink all over as his ears even seemed to turn red with embarrassment.

"What?!" Both Zianna and Garte had curious gazes as the bombarded him with questions.

Garroth found a way to answer the question without a single word.

He silently stepped forward, walking over to me as his parents got quiet. Garroth wordlessly put an arm around my waist, catching me off guard. I covered the lower half of my face with my hand as my blush became more obvious by the second.

We were both bombarded by questioned as Zianna was squealing through the entire encounter.

"Hey mom, I think I heard Aphmau's mom listening to Beyoncé, you should go join her," A voice spoke from behind them. I saw Zane behind them. "Also, Mr. Lycan wants to speak with you, dad."

Zianna was now distracted by the thought of her favorite music artist as she ran off to find Sylvana.

Never thought I'd say this to Zane. "Thank you so much," I told him.

Zane let out a sigh. "Yeah. For now, it looks like we'll all have to help each other to avoid the millions of questions from our parents," Zane explained. "But you guys can have fun with the questions all of our friends are going to ask." I groaned, there's gonna be a ton of those...