Prompt #8

Prompt: Ooh, maybe a Swan Song prompt where Rio is trying to tell Shane he actually likes him (while Mitch and Jace are on a date or frickle fracking or whatever) but Shane keeps thinking it's a joke, and he thinks Mitch and Jace put him up to it, and because Shane won't believe him, Rio starts getting annoyed? I really wanna see Shane's reaction when he realizes Rio actually does like him xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I sat in Shane’s bedroom, sitting on the couch, trying to ignore the muffled moans drifting through the wall. I could hear the light creaks of Mitch’s bed, too.

                “I need to move my room away from his,” Shane grumbled. He was sitting on his bed, scrolling through his phone.

                “Hey, I’m the one who got stuck here because of them,” I said. I glanced at Shane again, wondering if I should tell him. We obviously had some time alone together for a little while. And I was getting tired of pretending.

                “That’s my little brother and my best friend in there,” Shane said. “These are not the mental images I want in my head.”

                “Shane…” I sighed, deciding to just do it and get it over with. When in Rome, right?

                “What?” he asked, not looking up at me.

                “I like you,” I said.

                “That’s great to know,” Shane said. “I’ve been told I have a lovable personality.”

                “Whoever told you that is clearly a liar. But I really do like you,” I said. “And I don’t mean like you as in let’s be best friends. I mean like you as in get over here, cuddle me, and kiss me until my lips fall off.”

                He rolled his eyes. “Shut up Rio.”

                “I’m not kidding,” I said sincerely. Something about Shane just attracted me to him. Somewhere along the way, my flirty jokes had become serious, and Shane just never realized it.

                “Okay, yea, let’s bang right now, twice as loud so that Mitch and Jace can hear,” he said.

                “I would,” I said, no joking in my voice.

                “Great, let’s do it,” he said, still scrolling through his phone, barely paying attention to me.

                “Shane, I’m being serious,” I said in frustration. “Stop thinking that I’m kidding. I really like you. As in, I want to date you. As in, be my boyfriend.”

                He finally glanced at me. “Did Mitch and Jace put you up to this? Those bastards. Damn Jace and his Shio ship.”

                “They didn’t put me up to anything!” I said, hearing the irritation in my voice. “I’m telling you I like you because it’s the damn truth. Why won’t you believe me?”

                “Because it’s not true,” he said, laughing. “Come on Rio, this is getting old already. Cut it out.”

                “I. Like. You,” I said.

                “Is Mitch paying you? I bet Jace is paying you, actually. Well, it’s getting kind of annoying,” he said, his attention returning to his phone.

                I stood up and went over to him, yanking the phone out of his hand and tossing it on the couch. Shane pouted at me, looking adorable.

                “I like you. I have a crush on you. I want to date you. I’ve wanted to call you my boyfriend for a long time. I want to kiss the hell out of you,” I said, meeting his eyes steadily. “I’m not joking about any of it. Shane, I like you.”

                He searched my eyes and frowned. “Oh. Oh.

                “Yea, oh,” I said.

                “Oh,” he repeated. “Oh shit, you’re not kidding.”

                “Look who’s catching on,” I said.

                “Well, uh, that’s awkward,” he said. “I mean, I made out with you.”

                “You should do that again,” I said.

                “You like me,” he said in wonder. “Huh. Plot twist.”

                I tilted his chin and leaned down, kissing him, loving the feel of my lips against his. To my surprise, he hesitantly kissed me back. I shifted, crawling on top of him, deepening the kiss, wanting him to know for sure that I liked him a lot.

                I pulled away from his lips, my eyes shining. “Viva la Shio,” I mumbled before bringing my lips back to his.