Prompt #21

Prompt: could you do how jace met the marion brothers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Cameron Butler lit a cigarette and glanced out of the window at the houses. Erica was at work, so he was in charge of dropping Jace off at their new babysitter’s house.

                The car in front of him was going slow and he sighed in annoyance. “Come on asshole,” he grumbled.

                He watched in surprise as the car pulled into the house that he had been heading to. He shrugged it off and pulled in next to the car, getting out.

                “Hi there,” the man getting out of the car said. He went over and held out his hand. “I’m Jasper Marion.”

                “Cameron Butler,” Cameron said, shaking his hand. He could see a baby strapped into the back of Jasper’s car.

                Jasper noticed him looking and sighed, shaking his head. “That’s my little bastard, Shane,” he said, and glanced at Shane affectionately.

                He opened the back door and pulled the baby out of the car. Cameron copied him, pulling Jace out of the car as well.

                “This is my kid, Jace,” Cameron said. Jace looked at Jasper curiously.

                “Well hi Jace,” Jasper said with a smile. “He’s a cute kid. Little chubby, though.”

                Cameron dropped his cigarette and put it out with his foot. “I know. Hopefully it’s just baby fat that he’ll shed.”

                The two men went up to the front door and rang the doorbell. The babysitter, Janice, smiled at them.

                “Hi! You must be Cameron!” she said, and her eyes fell to Jace. “And this must be Jace! What an adorable little guy.”

                She led the men inside and had them set the babies down on a blanket on the ground. She talked to them a little, mostly Cameron.

                “Alright, I’m going to head out. Bye Shane. I love you, little man,” Jasper said, kneeling down and kissing Shane.

                He straightened up and Cameron glanced at Jace before following Jasper out. Janice smiled at the babies and sat down with them.

                Shane reached out and grabbed a toy off the blanket, pulling it close. It made a noise, and he and Jace giggled together.

                “You two are going to get along just fine!” Janice said with a bright smile.

                                                                                                ***

                “Is this your new baby?” Erica asked, smiling widely as Carol Marion got out of the car and lifted up a small baby.

                “This is little Mitchell,” Carol said with a smile. “I bet Jace has been lonely. I’ve been out on maternity leave with Mitch, and kept Shane home because he likes to be with me.”

                “Hi Mitch,” Erica said, smiling at the baby.

                “Mitch is a little pain,” Carol said fondly. “He decided he didn’t want to be born until 3 in the morning.”

                Carol helped Shane out of the car and Erica helped Jace out. Jace looked up at Mitch and pointed at him.

                “Mommy, baby!” he said. His eyes landed on Shane and he got a happy smile. “Sane!”

                “Shane,” Erica said, holding Jace’s hand. “Not Sane.” She chuckled.

                “Sane!” Jace released Erica’s hand and ran over to Shane with a smile.

                “Jace!” Shane eagerly ran over to Jace and the little boys embraced. Shane released Jace and pointed up at Mitch. “My brudder!”

                “Brother,” Carol corrected, ruffling Shane’s hair. She knelt down, gesturing Jace over. Jace hurried over and eagerly peeked at the baby. “Jace, this is Mitch.”

                “Mit!” Jace said.

                The two led the children inside, Carol cradling Mitch. “Erica, are you and Cameron going to have another child?”               

                Erica shook her head. “No, we’re happy with just Jace,” she said, smiling down at him as he walked with her. “I don’t think Cameron really wants another child, anyways.”

                “Mommy,” Shane said, tugging on her pant leg and pointing at Mitch.

                “Shane, no, he’s too little for you and Jace to play with,” Carol said.

                “No baby?” Jace asked curiously.

                “No. He’s too little, Jace. When he’s bigger you can play with him,” Carol assured with a smile.

                “C’mon Jace!” Shane said, grabbing Jace’s hand and pulling him away from the boring baby. Jace giggled and followed after Shane, hoping that Mitch got bigger soon so they could all play together.