Kovu escaped the claws of death

It was a matter of life and death for Kovu as he ran across the Eastern border. Simba was chasing Kovu because according to the information he received, that particular lion that he was chasing was making love to his only daughter. "You can't run forever Kovu," said Simba. "I'll catch you eventually." Kovu gasped at that statement, he didn't want to think about what would happen if Simba did catch him. Unfortunately, when he glanced towards his direction, he tripped on a broken branch and bumped into the lion guard. "Hey, what the heck," he said. "Kovu relax kid, it's us," said Kion gently. Kovu opened his eyes and looked behind him, only to see Simba racing towards him with a look of pure anger. "Let me go, let me go!"he shouted frantically. "What's the rush Kovu? Why are you acting like this?"enquired Bunga curiously. "Gotcha you little rascal!"shouted Simba in a viciously happy voice. Kovu was terrified. "Mom! Dad! Help me! Tani, Marisa, anyone help, help! KIARA!"he screamed. Simba was just about to dragged him backwards, when Kiara came running up followed by Diana, Burnt-Ebony, Vitani, Marisa, Sarabi and Nala. "FATHER STOP!" yelled Kiara. She pushed her father away from Kovu and stood in front of her love, protecting him from any harm that would come his way. Simba picked himself up and stared at his daughter. "Kiara please move back and let me finish what I started," said Simba. Kovu looked at Simba, then at the lion guard. Then he glanced at Nala, Sarabi and his family, who were still out of breath from the twenty minute run. Finally he looked at Kiara, the lioness who was protecting him from her deadly father. "Father, I don't know what Kovu did to make you so angry, but whatever he did, I'm not going to allow you to hurt him," said Kiara in a firm and quiet voice. Simba rolled his eyes. "Sweetheart I know you, you're kind, young, selfless and a bit naive. One day you'll understand that whatever I'm doing it's for your own good, so please don't stop me from doing this." Nala knew that Simba was far from being reasoned with and she also knew that her daughter would prefer to die than to allow her father to harm her beloved Kovu. So to prevent an argument, she quickly intervened. "Simba you weren't there to see what Kovu was doing so please don't jump to conclusions before you know the whole story. Kovu was merely trying to apologise to Kiara for hurting her. She accepted his apology and they were just showing each other how much they loved each other. Maybe Kovu went a little far, but still you can't stop them from living their lives." Simba sighed and stood up. "Apparently Nala is right, so I'll leave Kovu alone." Kovu was greatly relieved. He got up and hugged Kiara. She smiled and licked his cheeks. Kion and his friends smiled and left to go back to their patrol. When Kiara left, Kovu got up to leave with her, but was stopped by Nala. She took him aside and in front of Diana, Burnt-Ebony, Vitani and Marisa, she said to him. "Now Kovu darling, I know you and Kiara love each other very much. And I've seen it for myself, and I trust you completely with my daughter. But I think it will take some time for Simba to think like me, so do you think you can do something for me?" Kovu nodded. "Try not to make any mistakes in front of Simba. I know you're very smart and intelligent so can you do that for me honey?" "Sure Nala, I'll at least try," said Kovu. Nala smiled and patted his shoulder. "That's a good boy," she said laughing. Kovu was just about to reply when Kiara came back. "Oh I see, so while I was patiently waiting like a fool, my mom is here gossiping with my boyfriend. How lovely," she said pretending to sound upset. She let a few tears drip from her eyes as she looked at her mother. "Oh please, enough of the pretences," said Marisa. Kiara bursted into laughter. She snorted a couple of times and fell to the ground. "Kiara, what have I said about that sort of behavior," said Nala. "Kiara didn't hear her mother and continued to laugh. "Kiara May Sheri the second!"shouted Nala. Kiara stood up immediately. "Kiara May Sheri the second?"asked Kovu, Vitani and Marisa in unison. "Yeah, that's me," said Kiara blushing. "I didn't know you had middle names Kiara," exclaimed Kovu. "Yeah, can we just drop the topic now, please?"asked Kiara. "No way," said Marisa. "Yeah let's talk, miss May Sheri," smirked Vitani. At that last sentence, Kiara turned and fled, causing her three friends to chase her for a long long time.