1.1

🥀

Darkness engulfed her. Emptiness surrounded her. All was bleak and lonely.

She was alone.

Then she fell into the never ending dark pit.

For what felt like an eternity, the woman finally saw a white speck. The speck grew into something bigger as she continuously fell down into the abyss. A white light finally engulfed her. Waves of memories began to hit her.

A child. A parent. A sibling. A death. A lover. A gunshot.

The woman realized these were her memories. Memories of her past life. The woman's life before her lover shot a hole in in the back of her head.

The life she had before she died.

🥀

Screams filled the duke's manor in the night. On the bed, a beautiful lady lay. Midwives and nurses surrounded her as she continued to push and scream her throat out.

"Milady, continue pushing!"
"Try harder!"

Words like these kept coming out of the servants mouths as the Duchess tried to give birth. Finally, for what seems like an eternity, the midwife announced that the lady had birthed twins. One female, one male, yet both had the same crimson eyes.

"Cristina..."

The lady who just gave birthed called out to someone who seemed like her most trusted aide.

"Yes Mistress?"
"I don't have much time left, but please promise me one thing..."

Anxiety crept in the aide's heart. She felt something amiss, yet she didn't want to face it. Deep down, she knew something terrible was about to happen.

"I would do everything for you Mistress."

"Please look after my children... I'm afraid I would depart from this world not long after... Please treat them as if they're your real children... I beg you... Please grant my final wish..."

The loyal aide had tears rolling down her cheeks as she held the two newly born babies.

"Goodbye Lily... Goodbye Lilac... Never forget that I love both of you... So... so much..."

Then, the lady drew her last breath.

🥀

"Your beloved mother had entrusted both of you to me... My... beloved children..."

The aide freely let her tears fall as she clutched the two infants. She cried her heart out since nobody other than her would cry for her beloved Mistress.

She remembered her Mistress' smile. Her Mistress' gentle demeanor. Not complaining nor swaying in the face of hardship. Not faltering even when her husband took on a cold shoulder towards her. Not giving him up even though he wasn't there for her. Even when he wasn't there when she needed him the most.

She kept her beloved mistress in her memory, tucked in the deep crevices of her heart.The little girl who changed her life. The beautiful lady who saved her from despair and sorrow. The sole reason why she was who she is today.

The Mistress she'll never get to see again.