1.4

"Lilac, Lily, I would want both of you to meet your Aunt Marigold and her daughter Daisy." Duke Rosal said as the woman and the child stepped forward. The woman was beautiful with black hair. Her features had some similarities to their mother's portrait that they always saw. The little girl beside her had the same face as the woman, she just had pink hair.

"Nice to meet you Aunt Marigold. Nice to meet you Daisy." The twins said their greetings.

"Oh what beautiful children my sister bore! They grew up splendidly Alexander! I'm sure it was because you had raised them!" The woman said with an obnoxiously high pitched voice. She then proceeded to hug each of them tightly, like she was squeezing them to death. Lilac saw Lily scrunch his nose, thats what he always does when he was miffed.

"Children, starting this day, your aunt and her daughter would be staying with us until their situation will be resolved. I hope all of you would get along with each other." Duke Rosal said. He felt pity towards his deceased wife's sister. They had to run away from her husband, Earl Dande, because he had been abusive. Until they settle the divorce, Magnolia and her daughter, Daisy, would be staying in the capital.

While Duke Rosal felt pity, Lilac and Lily felt resentment. Lilac finally knew the face of the woman who broke her mother. She accidentally came across her mother's diary that was hidden by Christy. The late duchess wrote a detailed account of her life in her diary starting from when she was a child, her marriage to the duke, and her sister's eventual betrayal and the duchess's demise in her sister's hands.

Magnolia and Marigold were sisters. Marigold grew up jealous of her sister, Magnolia. That drove her into scheming into getting what Magnolia has. Magnolia and Duke Rosal became engaged, and although it was an arrange marriage, Magnolia fell in love with him. She hoped that her feelings would soon be reciprocated. Little did she know, Marigold also fell for him.

After a lot of scheming, Marigold finally gave a huge blow to Magnolia.

Magnolia finally became pregnant, on her way to tell the good news to her husband, she saw them in an intimate position under the oak tree she and Alexander often relaxed. She saw her husband and her sister in a position to what looked  like they're kissing. That was the beginning of everything. A month before she gave birth, Marigold visited Magnolia and revealed to her that she had been poisoning her this entire time. She confessed everything to her sister, how she planned everything, how she truly felt about her and how the spouses' divide was orchestrated by her. This part was actually not part of her mother's diary, Christy, on her way to enquire about her mistress, overheard their dialogue and added this entry on a paper tucked between the diary's pages.

As she was on her way to confront the scheming wench, her mistress suddenly got into labor. Then she birthed the twins and left the mortal realm.

The woman in front of them started yapping about meaningless things. Aunt Marigold's actions did not leave Lilac's sight for a second, every subtle movement was recorded. The way she "carelessly" touched her father, how figure-emphasizing her dress was and all the little things she did to get the duke's attention. The clenched fist of her brother did not leave her eyes too, so she squeezed his hand.

Bitches like these were easy to come by, yet hard to deal with. And she will, sooner or later. She'll handle her with extra care.

🥀

Short chapter. Was planning to add more words, but I wouldn't like it's pacing anymore.