1.12

Lilac and Lily got ready for the official welcoming party for Marigold and Daisy's stay. Lily didn't like parties, he didn't see the point of it and considered is as bothersome, as opposed to Lilac, who liked parties in order for her to forge more connections with more noble children. Duke Rosal got in their room and asked how they were doing. The relationship between Duke Rosal and his children was starting to become better. Although there are times where both parties didn't know what to do, they would still find ways to mend their relationship with each other. Now, even the very rigid Duke Rosal could laugh with his children.

"Father~ why do I have to go to the party?" Lily pouted. Lilac almost squealed seeing her overly serious brother acting like a child for once. Duke Rosal chuckled and carried Lily into his arms.

"Well Lily, it's just what nobles do."

🥀

At the party, Lilac called Lily over to discuss something and went to the hedge maze.

"Hey Lily, I think something bad will happen today." Lilac had a gut feeling. She was so sure that Marigold is going to lay her hands on them during this night where there is a lot of distraction. Adding to the fact that Marigold is not in the right mind during these days, she was prepared for something to happen, so she gave Lily a protective runestone. Suddenly, Lily pushed her into the hedge.

"Aunt Marigold is coming" Lilac actually went through the hedge then she decided to teleport somewhere safer. She telepathically told Lily to tell her what happens next.

🥀

Marigold was losing her wits. She couldn't handle it anymore. This time, she will surely execute her plans.

"Daisy, stay here okay~. Mommy needs to take care of something important for a minute~." Marigold said in a singsong voice then walked to the direction where she last saw Lilac and Lily went. She felt sorry for the children, but what needs to be done has to be done. Well,  she didn't really feel sorry for them. She was so sure that the kids were antagonizing her, especially Lily who looks at her with disgust. She was sure of it.

After venturing through the thick hedge maze, Marigold finally saw Lily. Lilac was nowhere in sight, but that didn't matter to her. She could just give birth to a male for a heir.

"Hello Lily, can you come with auntie for a moment?"

🥀

I'm planning to make another book, but I would implement it when this story becomes stable.