2.1

A year had passed since the Marigold's breakdown. Things have been going well for the Rosal family, but it wasn't always the case at the beginning. Duke Rosal, burdened with the knowledge that he acquired from Marigold, sank into depression. Along with the years he ignored his children, it dealt a heavy blow on him.

For three whole months, Duke Rosal never came out of his room. Lilac and Lily tried their best at comforting their father. For three whole months, all Duke Rosal did was stare at a blank space and sleep. For other things, the kids had to ask his personal aide for help. The twins did a lot of things to cheer their father up. Lilac felt that her father has to be forgiven, now that he had truly shown remorse. At first, she thought that Duke Rosal was knew what he was doing. Sadly, it was just misunderstandings stacked upon each other.

Everyday, Lilac would read her mother's diary, omitting the negative parts of course, to her father in hopes that we would not feel that bad anymore. Lily, on the other hand, told his zoned out father every progress that he made. This kept on for about three months.

One day, while Lilac was busy teaching Lily in their father's room, tears started pouring out of Duke Rosal's eyes. They finally got a response after weeks of nothing.

After that event, the Duke's mental health gradually got better.

🥀

It has been five years since Lilac came into this world. This means that she is in the right age to start practicing magic. She would be lying if she said she wasn't interested in it. After all, when one reincarnates into a fantasy world, the first thing you ever think of is magic, right? At one point, she even got jealous of Lily.

Tonight, her birthday party would be held. Lilac's debut in the noble world would happen by the time the sun starts to hide. Honestly, she didn't care about most nobles. Some stayed loyal even when Duke Rosal was down, some kicked the person behind during their darkest moments. Out of all ten children she made friends with, only five stayed.

Either way, she wasn't going to pay their false bravado with kindness, nor shun those who are loyal allies or friends.

🥀

3 updates in a day is a record for me. Anyways, this marks the second part of the story. :)

Sorry for not replying to some of your comments guys. I sometimes can't see some of your comments and I don't want to spoil anyone.

(✌゚∀゚)