1.14

Just as Marigold was about to stab Lily, Duke Rosal blasted the door open. He heard what Marigold was about to say in the last moment. Good thing Lilac dragged him before it was too late. Lilac immediately pulled the shaking Lily into her embrace.

"It's okay now, it's over now." Lilac felt guilty that she put Lily through this. She was blinded by the possibility of ending Marigold and didn't consider the possibility of Lily getting hurt in the process.

"I'm very very sorry. I'll never put you through this again Lily. I swear." While Lilac was comforting Lily, Duke Rosal restrained Marigold using Earth Magic.

"What is the meaning of this Marigold?" Duke Rosal said in a threatening way. Although he sounded calm, it was a dangerous kind of calm. Something like the eye of the storm. The crowd gathered around the commotion and Marigold herself thought that it was impossible to get out of this. So she laughed. Marigold laughed until her voice turned hoarse.

"I did it because I love you Alexander. I got rid of that bitch for us to be together." Duke Rosal wasn't stupid, he knew that by 'bitch' Marigold meant she killed her sister.

"You would have loved the way she looked when she died under my hands. That son of a bitch too would have~"

"She even trusted me with you. Hehe. Alexander, did you know that she hated you even after she died?" Duke Rosal tightened the water chain around Marigold's neck, his anger evident.

"Stop lying." Veins popped out of the duke's head.

"Oh I'm not lying darling. My dear sister told me so."

"She died of jealousy. She saw you and I under that damned oak tree and made conclusions. I had to thank her for doing that though, it made it easier to ruin her. Hehe~" At that point all hell broke loose for Duke Rosal. He was enlightened as to why Magnolia suddenly became cold. Why, when things were going well for them, she abruptly changed. Unable to control his turbulent emotions, he tightened the chains keeping Marigold in place, to the point of choking her.

"It's ok if I die in your arms because I. LOVE. YOU- " Feeling her life seeping out of her, Marigold said her last words. She was sure she was going to die, that is until Lilac jumped at Duke Rosal, startling him, and causing him to stop using his magic for a moment.

"Father don't kill her, it's better to not waste your time on her. Give her to the authorities." Lilac obviously needed to stop her father from killing Marigold. If he kills her, then all her efforts would be put into waste. She wanted the mongrel to live a life worse than death.

"Father just hand her over to the authorities okay? For mother. Yeah? Letting her live her life in the prison is better than killing her right now, okay?" Duke Rosal finally calmed down and thought things through. He agreed with Lilac, it truly was better to let her live her life a waste.

But he'll make sure to make her go through pain every single day.

🥀

Sorry for the cliff and the single update yesterday. I'll make up for it.