2.6

A holographic-like projection was infront of Lilac. She finally unlocked her innate power which was something similar to Google back on Earth, but a more limited version of it. The first thing that Lilac did was search for her full name just to see what would happen. During her middle school days back on Earth, Lilac was an avid manga reader and a light novel enthusiast. It was actually one of her biggest secrets back in the day. Though she already grew out of it once she got older, Lilac would still remember some of the few life lessons it gave her. Her first business venture also revolved around it.

Lilac, who often encountered common tropes in light novels, remembered that one cannot be too careless when reincarnating in a different world, much less a fantasy one. Warning signals rang throughout her brain when she first learnt that she was a duke's daughter. One of the common tropes in light novels that she read was a heroine versus the villainess type of scenario, often times the heroine winning and the villainess left with her life ruined. Sometimes the shtick gets reversed, with the villainess triumphing over the so-called heroine. Lilac was quite sure the former was happening to her, she just didn't have any way of proving it. Now that she had a way to confirm her suspicions, she'll finally have a peace of mind.

Lilac pressed the search button and typed out her complete name. After injecting some of her mana into the hologram, five results showed up. She chose the first result which redirected her to a website that was similar to a wiki page to what seemed like a an otome game called My Fair Lady.

[Lilac Madeline Rosal],the wiki-like page read, [is one of the main villains of the otome game, My Fair Lady. Lilac is the only daughter of Duke Rosal and the step sister of [   ]. Lilac kept tormenting [ ] back in their early days of childhood, and was the main reason why he grew up with a huge inferiority complex. She was also the cousin of the heroine, Daisy Dande.]

[In a hidden route of the game, it was revealed that the reason why Lilac became who she is, a bitter and resentful person, was because her mother died when she was born and that she had a twin brother who also perished due to the plague when she was a child. Along with a father that didn't seem to acknowledge her and a new step brother, something inside her broke. The reason why she hated the heroine was because Daisy managed to get the love and attention from both her father and fiancé.]

As Lilac skimmed through the page, the more she felt sorry for her game-self. The in-game Lilac, along with not having a huge mana capacity, cannot wield the family's blood power which made her a waste in the public's eye. She also saw how unfair it was for her in-game self, with all of her endings too much for her petty crimes. Lilac then understood that the in-game her was just a victim of circumstance, or the heroine's plot armor.

Lilac fiddled with the four remaining results. Two of which were forums for the otome game about how to unlock each scene and how to avoid the villainess. The other two, however, were some information about herself in reality. Lilac was stoked to know that information wasn't only limited to what was on Earth. Although the information about the current world was limited to what most people know, it was enough for her.

Though Lilac had a frenzy of thoughts in her mind, she thought to herself that amidst all of the struggles that might happen to her in the near future, she will do her utmost best to overcome it. Lilac knew that fate isn't set in stone.

🥀

Sorry for the late update guys! I actually already finished writing the previous chapter for a long time, but didn't publish it because without this chapter, it wouldn't feel completed. The problem with this late chapter was that if I wasn't busy, I wasn't uninspired. Again, I apologize and thank you for understanding.