1.15

Crobol's head jerked up as a figure was dragged into an empty cell. As the guard passed by him, he saw a figure with flowing black hair, dressed in what seemed like a noble's garb. The figure, all bloodied, was thrown in the empty cell opposite to his.

On the first few weeks of his or her stay, the inmate of the cell opposite to Crobol's just kept crying. From what he can hear from the inmate's voice, it was of female origin. He tried talking to her, but all she would do is cry even harder. He never saw how the figure looked like, just saw a brief glimpse of her silhouette when she was thrown in on her cell. The woman was probably a fallen noble, but what could've she done to warrant her staying in the deepest part of the kingdom's prison. Other inmates tried to rouse her, but she would only growl in response.

Months probably passed or years, people who stayed there didn't know, but the inmate opposite to Crobol ceased crying and started singing. The inmate has a beautiful but damaged voice. Sometimes, the inmate would laugh at nothing. Sometimes, she kept mumbling to herself and saying nonsensical things. One thing consistent about the inmate is that, she liked screaming. She would scream her guts out every time a guard goes into her cell or scream when nothing is happening at all.

Crobol knew a few things about the inmate from her incessant mumblings. One, she hated someone named Magnolia and sometimes screamed her name along with a few explicit curses. Two, she had the delusion about a man named Alexander. Crobol inferred that the inmate opposite to his cell was probably talking about Duke Rosal. He, along with the couple inmates who haven't lost their minds yet, now knew the identity of the woman. She was probably someone close to Duke Rosal's dead wife.

There was a time when a guard got in the inmate's cell. The light from his lamp shone through the woman's small cell window. Crobol would never forget the scene he saw through the small crack from the drunk guard's door. A woman, dressed in a dirty, bloody, tattered dress, was laying in a pool of dried and fresh blood and feces, probably her own. But that wasn't what Crobol found disturbing. The woman was devoid of legs, arms and eyes.

🥀

End of arc #1. Off we go to the next part of the story boiss.

If anyone sees a typo or when someone can finds a better alternative to certain words or when the grammar is wrong, just comment on the line and I'll edit it. Anyways, here we get a glimpse of Marigold's life in the prison.

More info:

Marigold died btw from infection and yeah. Duke Rosal ordered the guards not to rape her, but hmm you know what happens when nobody is looking. He did order them though to torture her, cut her up to pieces slowly, fingers first, to toes and you know... He also ordered them to make sure she never dies from blood loss... Plus remember the runes that Lilac engraved on her, it still works. But she won't need that when she is already in a living shell.

Crobol is just a random character for this filler, don't mind him. But if you wanna know his backstory, he was just a spy from a certain country who got caught.