2.2

The night was young and the crowd was restless. Todays marks the day of the official debut of the Rosal twins in noble society. The events that transpired a year ago in the Duke's mansion became the talk of the town that lasted for a few months.

Everybody in the Lucien Kingdom knew what happened, from nobles to commoners. Due to this, the story became warped at it passed through different people's mouths. From the duke was having an affair with his wife's sister, to ridiculous things such as the Duke ate his wife and such. It was such an event that rocked the whole kingdom. 

Everyone who was a noble or a part of the royalty knew what happened to Duke Rosal and why he never has shown his face at any event in the past year. Some thought he would never be the same again and cut ties with him. Some thought it would be the best time to strike when the opponent is down. Others, though, believed that he would come around some day. Too bad for the ones who went against him.

The attendees were curious as to how the twins were. A lot of people heard that the children he produced were wastes. Rumors circled around the mysterious twins for they never came out of their duchy. Some people said that Lilac was a spoiled and bratty girl, who knew nothing at all. While Lily was a poor boy who, in order to cope with the trauma that his aunt gave to him, would never speak a word again. Some chose to believe these rumors, yet some decided to give the benefit of a doubt.

"And now we present to you tonight's debutantes"

🥀

Lilac scoured the crowd for familiar faces. She saw her friend Iris, the prime minister's daughter. She also saw her cousin, Daisy, who changed a lot since they last met.

After her mother got taken away, Daisy was put into the custody of her father. Now a year had passed and she became very pretty. They kind of girl who you'd want to protect. Lilac didn't want to judge anyone, but the things she heard from other people about Duke Dande, Daisy's father, was not good. If Marigold wanted to divorce the guy, perhaps she had a good reason to do so, since divorce was heavily frowned upon in this kingdom.

She also saw a few people whom she knew, some good and some bad. The friends she had found and had lost. Some who changed and some who seemed the same as ever.

Lily didn't care about what people though of him. He knew about the rumors that surrounded him due to his sister telling him. He himself knew they were false and had no grounds. Besides, why should he prove himself to them when he, at the age of three can already use magic? Lilac was a rare genius, and he knew that of course.

The magic lights dimmed as the curtains opened. Its time for the show to begin.

🥀

I apologize for the super late update!

Anyways, a lot of people get confused about Lilac and Lily's names (tbh, me too), but I can't change that because I actually based their names off of flower meanings. I'll be posting their meanings soon :)