1.10

Dinner was proven to be a very stressful event for Lily. At the dinner table, his Aunt Marigold was painfully desperate for his father's attention, while Duke Rosal was busy ignoring her and talking to his sister. Lily could see his aunt was annoyed by the constant interruption of Lilac. Daisy, on the other hand was as talkative as her mother and had been attempting to have a conversation with him, but he hated her.

Lily knew that he didn't have a mother and that was because of his aunt. Lilac didn't tell him the details, but because Lilac was his sister, he ought to believe her. Lily didn't like Daisy because she had a mother, and her mother is the reason why he didn't have one. So he never acknowledged his cousin and played deaf whenever she tried to talk to him.

Meanwhile, Marigold was starting to want to kill the child in front of her. She wanted to get closer with Alexander but the damned child kept getting in the way, often answering when she was not being asked. As expected of the child of her annoying sister. Truly like mother, like child. But Marigold had to bid her time and be patient at the moment. Sooner or later, she'll avenge this little grievance of hers.

Lilac knew all too well what her lovely aunt was trying to do, so she'll try her best to prevent her from doing so. It was fun seeing her clearly annoyed face. Lilac loved getting her riled up. She bets it will even be more amusing once she lays her hands on her this evening.

🥀

After dinner was done, Lilac and Lily immediately went to the library to discuss. Lilac told Lily earlier her plan via telepathy, one of the perks Lily received after having unlocked his powers. What looked like to others was Lily just staring off a black space, in reality was just him communicating with his sister.

Lily saw a red dot walking in the corridors, signifying that Aunt Marigold is coming. Although it was still not bed time, it was quite odd if you think about it. Lilac thought that Marigold was just probably scouring her surroundings to make her attack on them. She wrote ننسى (forget) and 睡觉 (sleep) on her palm with fresh ink. Different languages means that the time the runes last are different. Chinese characters would prove the effect to last a day.

Marigold was walking in the corridors when a child suddenly launched itself onto her.

"Auntie~ I'm scared!~" Lilac suddenly jumped in her arms, choking her neck in the process. Marigold was angry at the stupid child, but she had to keep up pretenses.

"Whats wrong darling?" Keeping her appearance as a good aunt, she wiped Lilac's tears.

"I saw a ghost!~" Lilac brawled her eyes off. Then she signaled Lily to move, which caused Marigold to flee for her life leaving Lilac behind.

What she should've been afraid for was the little girl in front of her.