Sail Away Sweet Sister

After that kiss, I couldn't stop thinking about it but not in the way you think. There was no spark. Its been almost two weeks and I was the only one who could tell that there was no future between Ship and I. Well, Bailey is one exception. 

"What are you going to do?"she asked. She could tell that I didn't have feeling for Ship. I'm NOT saying that I would ever care about Peter Pan, but he has been the only boy on my mind. "Don't you like that Peeta guy?" 

"First of all, His name is Peter Pan." I paused awkwardly. I needed to come of with a second. "Second of all, He was the one who made me fall for his handsome face, I mean, tricks so that he could destroy the castle were I used to live."

"Handsome face?" she raised here eyebrow. I didn't say 'face' did I?

"What do you mean?" I asked trying to cover up what I said. I do not like Peter Pan. I hate him for ruining my life and next time I see him I will make him pay for what he did even if I loose my head in the process.

"That's a bit harsh isn't it?" Bailey asked. Did I say that out loud? "Yes, you did."

"Sorry" I say. "Anyway, how are thing with Daniel?" 

"Oh!" She yells. "Sorry, anyway, I forgot to tell you." She then explains what happened between her and Daniel. "So, remember the prank war with Ship, Daniel, Mullins and Sharky?" she asked

"Yeah!" I say.

"Well, We were both hiding from Sharky who was planning to trick us into falling off the side of the ship. We hid in a closet and then he told me he likes me and then we kissed and then..." She paused. "Isn't he wonderful?" 

"You both are. I don't know what I'd do without you, Daniel, and..." I stopped myself before I said...

"Ship" she finished. Why does everything have to be so complicated. "Y/N, maybe you should give him a chance. Who knows, maybe you might actually fall for him. It's obvious that he's in love with you." she say. "Also, you and Peter Parker's hate-love-hate thing will tire you out after a while. With Ship, it would be easier to settle down" 

"His name is Peter Pan and There is no hate-love-hate thing between us. It's a hate-hate-hate thing." I said smiling. Bailey sure does know how to make someone smile even if it's unintentional. That's probably one of the many reasons why she is my best friend.

"Well...?" she asked.

 "Look, Ship is a great friend but that's all he is, a friend. I couldn't make myself fall in love with him even if I wanted to. I just have this feeling... that my true love isn't that far away, and I'm not saying that they're on the Jolly Rodger, no, I mean that I have a feeling that I'm going to meet them very soon. My true love is not Ship but I hope that someday he finds his." I say. 

 "I understand Y/N, I had a feeling you didn't feel the same." I heard behind me. I turn around to see a very hurt looking Ship.

"Ship" I say surprised. I had no idea that he was listening. I was going to tell him soon, I just wasn't going to tell him today. 

"Y/N, I said I understand." he said with a sad smile. "If you don't love me then I won't force you to. Who knows, Maybe you'll find somebody to love you half as much as me." he said. It was killing me how bad this was making me feel. "I know you want somebody else but just know that my heart is always with you no matter what you do so sail away sweet sister."

"Ship, I'm sorry I said tearing up. I never wanted to make you feeling like this. I just..." I stopped. Tears were beginning to form in my eyes. I always hated making others upset or sad or mad. Why can't everybody just be happy for once.

Ship walked towards me to wipe away the tears. "I'll always be in love with you." As If he just realized what he said he looked like he was ready to beat himself up. "Fuck,forgive me for what I told you. My heart makes a fool of me. You know that I'll never hold you. I know that you gotta be free." He said before walking away. I turned away from the door as tears came pouring down. 

"I hope we remain friends" i said to Bailey. 

"I hope so too." She said before giving me a comforting hug. "It was kind of you for saying those thing to him. I'm glad you didn't try to play with his heart. I know you're not that kind of person." she said. I'm glad I have friends like her, Daniel, and Ship.