Explained, a bit?

Yes, I did leave my group pretty quickly after the reunion.  I liked the class, but I liked the idea of shagging Ralph a lot more.  He originally asked for Tanner and Riley, the strongest guys in the group to come with us for protection, but the two were pretty involved in some other drama.  Whatever that drama was, I hoped that some creature in the jungle didn't get us over the two not coming because of some petty shit. 
      "Tell me about the plane crash." Ralph asked once we got into the jungle once again.  "I know you guys told me last night, but I was pretty baked."
      "Haha, well that's a little bit the same for my experience with the crash..."
     "Oh man!  You were blazed when it all went down, eh?" He laughed his deep and sexy laugh.  Everything about him drove me mad.  "I smoked a little before, but this island is kind of loaded with the stuff.  Sadly it really only grows on the west end."
     "So you're telling me you live on the dangerous end just for the good?". We locked eyes and high fived, both laughing.  Just then a loud shout in the native language cut through the trees.  "I think we found them..."
     The tribe quickly surrounded us.  They all wore their colorful and unique clothing, all but one.  I knew right away he was from Ralph's group.  His pale skin really made him stand out from the group. 
     "Ralph?!" The boy yelled.  "You're alive?!?"
     "Good to see you too, Marty." Ralph laughed.  Marty was a tall boy, with red hair and plenty of freckles.  Ralph quickly walked to him and picked him up in a bear hug. 
      The boy looked over Ralph's shoulder and stared at me.  "I don't remember seeing her with the others."
     "She was taken with a few others by the bonies.  How long have yous known about the newbies?"
      "We found them right after they washed up," Marty kept staring at me as he talked.  "We did see the bonies, and had to leave."
      "They're cowards.  How do you live with them?" Ralph asked, kind of sounding angry.  "You left all of us for those pussies."
      "You and Alex were out of hand". Marty raised his chest and backed away defensively.  "You especially!"
     My eyebrows raised in curiosity.  Afraid of confrontation I kept silent and watched.  Ralph glared him down so hard, even I was spooked. 
      "You don't know what happened.  You weren't there to help with shit, so I suggest yous keep your mouth shut, Cheeto head."
      "You know what, fine, fine.  We're too defensive." Marty took a deep breath and looked back at me.  "So who's this pretty lady?"
      "Hey, um, I'm Molly." I raised my hand to wave, but he went in for a tight hug instead.  "Oof."
     "Bro- personal space!" Ralph pulled him off of me.  "It's been a while but still."
     "Sorry sorry." Marty patted me on the shoulder.  "I'm just not used to girls that speak my language... And the tribe people don't really interact with me outside of using my strength, haha."
      I looked at his freckled arms.  He was pretty muscular.  His hair was chopped short in a pretty cute way for having it done on an island.  Still, I could care less about his appearance with Ralph around. 
       "Oh sure bud.  They probably have you picking fruit or something." Ralph laughed at him.
      Marty leaned in to Ralph and I after glancing around.  "Actually we're doing something quite bigger than that at the moment... We're building a boat!"
      "So, they use fishing boats all the time."
     "No this one is big.  We're taking it on a voyage."
     "Then you mean a ship. Idiot." Ralph looked over at me.  "They're out of their minds.  There is no way off this island."
      My eyes widened.  "There has to be.  We can't just be trapped here forever... No. Not possible.  My group has signals up and-"
      "Don't you think we ever thought of signals?" Ralph snickered and Marty nodded in agreement.  "No one flies over here, no one goes over here, hell I don't even think we're on the maps."
      "If no one flies over here, how did we end up here?" I asked.
      "None of us really know.  Strange coincidence, fate?  Who knows.  All I know is that as far as I'm concerned this is home now."
      "See?  This is why you guys are so fucked up.  Y'all gave up." Marty remarked. 
     "You guys is now singular.  All gone but me.  Yous woulda known if you weren't out here playing make believe with the Crab people!" Ralph was visibly heated.  "Shawn and Jeff are dead.  I haven't seen any of the others in months."
      Tears formed in Marty's eyes.  He backed away from us.  "I didn't know.  I didn't know.  Fuck I should've stayed!!"
      "Get yourself together.  It's all in the past now.  So are you joining the rest of the Americans or not?  For some strange reason they want your support."
      "Well I did notice the amount of girls down there, and I have been spending the past few days trying to get the crab people to take them in-"
      "They don't need the crab people." Ralph sharply cut in. 
     "Okay well anyway the crab people want help with the SHIP.  I think they'll take them once they bring them a peace offering."
      "Okay, deal.  I'm sure they can manage finding a peace offering."
     "The thing is that this will also be their ticket on.  This isn't going to be an easy gift to find."
     "What do they want?" I finally added into the conversation. 
     "A bonies head."
     I turned to Marty.  "How the hell would we manage that?"
      "Yeah, and why do it for a ship into death?" Ralph asked.  "We've tried this before, Marty.  Everytime we get a couple miles off the coast a storm hits.  It's like clockwork."
      "Yeah, but those were small boats.  This time we can do it.  I know it." Marty responded with optimism and a hint of anger.  "I'm getting off this fucking island.  You may have quit but I never will."
      "We're dead.  Get it through your Cheeto head." Ralph stared into his soul with his peircing brown gold eyes.  "Everyone thinks we're dead.  What would you have to come back to?"
      Marty was clearly hurt by his words, and I was a bit taken back by the reality of it as well.  If no search mission found their wreck, they wouldn't be coming for us either. 
     Before Marty could speak a large man in colorful clothing approached us.  He said something in his native language to Marty, and Marty's eyes widened. 
      "They would like to see you." Marty said to me.  "They're harmless, but curious..."
     "Of what?  Don't go Molly." Ralph said.  "They probably want to do some creepy ceremony or something."
     Marty rolled his eyes and the large man gave Ralph a disapproving look.  He turned to me this time.
     "You.  Come.  W-with.  Me." He spoke in very broken English.  Marty's face lit up. 
     "All those English lessons we're working!"
     I stared at him, not really knowing what to do.  "Can my people come?  Can you protect them?"
      "No.  Yes.  Yes very yes."
    "Well that's good enough for me we'll wait here, Molly." Marty winked at me.  Ralph just shook his head, but gave me an approving nod.
      "I'll be right here.  Scream if you need me." Ralph added.
      With that I walked into the weirdest tent I had ever been in, surrounded by bright colors and smoking BLUE fires...