Tripping balls and walking on walls

The tent smelt of fire and meat. I couldn't tell what the tent really was for, but inside the tent were three men and two women. Assuming they were the tribes leaders I awkwardly but respectfully dropped into a quick bow. They stared at me in confusion, but broke into smiles.

"We like you. You like us?" The big man asked. He pulled a bright blue flower from a pile and brought it to my hair. I accepted the gift with a forced smile. How could one even answer this question?

"Yes. I like you all." I answered quickly with a nod. "How can you help my group?"

"Your group comes here. Works for us." A small woman told me. Her hair was to her hips and she wore a very bright pink and blue fabric tied around her torso with an orange skirt hanging just above her knee. She was very beautiful with her large brown eyes and tanned skin. "We protect. Send Mart back and get others."

"And me?" I asked. I wanted to trust them, but something about the smell of meat put me off.

"You need test. We test. You." A shorter girl with chopped hair knelt before me with a large tree made plate in front of her. On that plate was a small, bloody, beating heart. "Eat."

My stomach flipped. I stared down at the arteries as they squirmed below me. A blood puddle continues to spread across the plate the longer I stare at it. "Why?"

"Eat. See ." A tall skinny man added. "See. Gods.." With that he threw a large blue flower into the fire and it burst into a taller blue flame.

"Okay, that does sound pretty legit," I was definitely enticed by the idea of a trip, but this was a little nasty. "How do I know this isn't like a baby heart or something?"

The people looked at one another, clearly not understanding what I said.

"Is this people?" I asked, now a bit freaked out.

"No no no!" The large man laughed. "It... S-safe. Yes. Safe. You eat."

I stood up. Before I could step away from the bloody plate I was pulled by shoulders back into a sitting position. Whelp. I clearly wasn't getting out of this one. I looked at them all, their smiles now gone. The fire was burning taller than ever and the room was boiling.

"Eat now. Not waste!" The men demanded, clearly insulted by my actions. Quickly I pulled the small and warm heart to my mouth. I could it squirm in my fingers' grip. Just take it like a shot...

The heart was still warm in my mouth. Even though it was small, it wasn't small enough to just swallow. Crushing it with my teeth was by far the nastiest thing I had ever done. The room broke into a cheer as they watched the food fall down my neck. Despite the horrid texture and idea of it all, the blood surprisingly had a very delicious and fruity taste. Without meaning to, I even licked my lips.

"I don't feel anything..." I tried to wipe the remaining blood off my face with my short sleeve. "Did you guys just prank me?"

"Ha! HA!" They laughed among themselves. "Wait..."

"This is bullshit-" I finally stood and made my way out of the tent. I was sweating like crazy, and quite frankly pissed from their idea of a joke. "Ralph!"

"Yeah Molly?" He jogged towards me. We were surrounded by other tents and canopy's in the trees. His eyes instantly went to the blood around my mouth. "What the fuck did they do to you??"

"They made me-" My mind started to slow, yet speed up as everything around me got more and more detailed. I could smell every grain of salt in the air, feel every ray of sun touching my skin. The leaves high in the palm trees swayed with the wind along with my sandy hair. My bare feet rested upon some wet grass. "I need, I need, I just really need some sunscreen."