Oh Snap

Bobby and I ran down the beach, hand in hand.  It was barely dawn and all the camp was still asleep.  The sound of the bells had woken us.  The trap had worked.  As we passed the empty tents and memorial post made of sticks and flowers, my heart couldn't help but break a little for my fallen friends.  Especially Ralph.  His stick was wrapped in pot leaves, and at the bottom lay his stereo, which had become a favorite among the survivors.

     Our feet pounded down the sand as we sprinter to the bunker.  As we got closer the sound of bonies chanting broke the silent morning air.  

    "FUCK!"  Bobby yelled at me.  Only half of the Bonies remained, but their evil had been magnified by their losses.  "We need to get that dog NOW!"

    My head swung back and forth, noticing the spears poking through the mangroves to the right of me.  We needed to find that dog, we all felt it.  I couldn't risk the group not finding answers.  I pulled Bobby into me, his face down to mine to quickly kiss his now mustached lips.  "GO!"

    Bobby nodded in understanding, but his face was covered in pain.  "I'll come back for you.  I love you!"

    With that, he ran to the bunker and I headed into the green mass of plants and weapons.  They screamed once they saw me, and multiple arrows flew into my direction.  With some strange luck, they all managed to miss and dig into a tree next to me.  A group of around four or five of them sprinted towards me, their eyes all wide and staring into my soul.  I reached for a long branch and flung it in their direction, looking for any distraction to run.  I continued to run deeper into the jungle.  It was best if I pulled them away from the bunker and the beach.  

    "OOOOWOOOOO!!!"  A bonie screamed from above me as he dropped from a tall tree, landing just on top of me and smooshing me down onto a sharp tree root.  His arm grabbed my neck and began to squeeze the air out of my lungs.  I felt liquid covering my right arm and leg as my nails dug into his strong wrist.  With the energy I could muster I flung my legs over his body, stradling him pushing him deep into the root.  "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

     A bloody pointy tip poked through his bare painted chest.  His eyes bore into my soul as the life faded from his face.  The others grabbed my weak and pained arms and slammed me back into some wet dirt.  More liquid poured around me and soaaked my clothes.  Blood.  My blood.  

    I didn't even flinch as the others lifted their spears.  I couldn't think past the pain.  BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!

   "CLEAR!"  Several men in uniform ran to me, crouching around me.  "WE NEED A MEDIC RIGHT NOW."  

   My eyes fluttered and the camo around me blended into a circle.  The world spun.  Blackness took over and I left the chat.

                                                                      ...