Training

The guys gave us a day to rest and get used to the fact we have something in our bodies that forever changed how we lived. They found Jack straggling around the shelter and brought him in and did the same thing that they did to me. I've been awake for hours but what feels like years. About maybe an hour or two later Jack woke up screaming at fighting the air. I held his arms down and told him to calm down over and over again. It took him some time to just process what had happened and he couldn't believe it and honestly neither could I.

     This whole concept of having "powers" scared me to death. "So when do we start training?" I say to one of the men. "Today in fact! I'm sure it's been in your body long enough for it to settle in." All of this has been happening so fast I really never had time to process it. If we lose this gem all balance is lost and lives are lost. It hit me like a truck if we fucked up only once it would bite us all in the asses.

      I made a promise to myself that that to not let this gem get into the wrong hands. Because I was always full of questions I asked them both "So what happens to Jack and I if this flute is blown?" "Well there's really no explanation for it but from what we've seen the all people associated with them gem like you two are die with it when it's blown. But we've never had that happen." I looked at him horror and I said to myself. "There's no way I'm gonna see my family again. I'm never gonna get walked down the isle, see my little brother go to prom and get married." Fuck.. I forgot the guy could read minds. "Well there's a possibility but if we get ready before this guy comes you'll be able to go home and do all that stuff."

"Home?" I've been saying that to myself for the past couple of days. I've wanted to go 'home' since we got here. But now I'm stuck here with Jack and Logan. Logan's been practicing with Jack and I trying to help us undermine all of our powers and whatnot. "No no no! You're supposed to do it like this!" Logan yelled at us. "Logan we've been training non stop. Just let us take a break." I replied exhausted from everything. I had a couple bruises from Logan and Jack but they weren't severe only minor damages.

The faster we get this done the faster I can see Tanner again. He's all I've been thinking about since I landed at this shit hole. Logan decided to give us a tiny break for maybe about Five minutes to regain our composure. I was basically ready for anything that he threw at us but I knew it wasn't going to be easy on us. We mainly focused on moving things with our minds because the nature stuff was pretty self explanatory. But we've practiced with everything from moving a knife off the table to a tree from inside the ground. The tree was harder to do because it was such a huge object. "How the hell is this tree so hard to pick up!" I said in frustration. "Kelly." Logan places a hand on my shoulder. "It's all about thinking. You've gotta think about moving it and where it's gotta be placed." I closed my eyes in order for me to concentrate more on the tree and it worked! The longer I worked and thought about moving an object the quicker it moved and was picked up.

Now I needed to move it at a quicker pace and Jack looked like he already knew what to do. "How the hell are you doing this so fast Jack." I complained. "I really don't even know but one thing I do is I look at it and imagine what I'm doing to it." He replied with such confidence I felt somewhat jealous. The two guys were so into the French culture and language all the they played were French songs. This one was probably my favorite.

I don't even know how these guys are getting music and whatnot from where we're at so I decided to ask them. "How are you guys able to play music up here?" "Well were not sure how we can exactly play it but when we came upon it about Four years ago this place had service and for some reason it was like someone wanted us to find this area." "That's a little strange. No where else on this island has service for phones and computers but this place does?" I pondered aloud everyone. "Too bad we lost our phones.." Jack said.