Chapter thirteen

Nathan ran his hand through his hair and sighed as he paced the room. I paced around on his desk.

"So they might be alive." I said out of the blue. Nathan looked at me with pitiful eyes.

"Annabele it's been years since they went missing..." He began carefully. I bit my now quivering lip and looked at the ground. I looked up to see Nathan looking down at me as he sat at the desk. He tried to have a small smile.

"Look, try not to think too much on this, alright? Your mother and father would want you to have an education. You need to stay focused on your grades and studies."

"My grades and studies are not as important as my family." 

"I understand this, but your parents could be anyone by now. Please don't dwell on this."

"I am going to dwell on my parents-"

"Enough Annabelle." Nathan's voice was stern but calm. "You can't find them on your own and you have your studies."

"You're not my father." I snapped. He acted as if he was my parent.

"I never said I was." A phone rang thus making him sigh. "I have to take this call. Ill be right outside the room. Stay here." He left while answering his cell phone. I however jumped from the desk to his chair and then made my way to the floor. I left the room and found the front doors. Luckily enough somebody had opened the door and I was able to leave. I ran into the grass, ignoring the cuts I was recieving. I then realized I had no clue on where I was going. I stopped and looked around. There was only grass in my view. I also realized that I wasn't far from the school due to my size. I saw small footprints in the dirt once I examined it. This meant there were other borrowers, possibly my parents. I began to follow the tracks and as I was following them, I realized I wasn't alone. I looked up and saw that Lillie was looking down at me. Her smirk gave me chills and caused me to run. However she took no time in scooping me up and placing me into her bag. The borrower she received from class was looking  down at me from her shoulder.

"It looks like I've found another pet." Lillie said before she zipped up the bag causing the air to be stuffy and difficult to breathe. I couldn't climb out and my yelling was very much ignored. After an uncomfortable ride Lillie opened the bag and I saw that she had returned home. She grabbed me and threw me into a cage, no doubt the one from the class. She locked it with a smirk and left. I pleaded and yelled but she ignored each word as she shut her bedroom door. I sobbed into my knees as I realized that I was trapped. There was a small borrower bed inside the cage and a rug along with a ball. It seemed that it was supposed to be welcoming. However it was still a prison. I laid in a curled ball for hours simply crying away. After an eternity Lillie opened the door. She smiled at me which caused me to back away until my back reached the bars.   

"Don't be afraid, Annabelle. You'll love being here. I'll spoil you with treats and toys as well as make your cage so pretty." She opened the cage. "Come here."

"No. I'm not your pet, Lilllie." I told her. She didn't like that very much. She grabbed me and gripped me tightly showing no consideration to comfort. She the flicked my arm which seemed harmless to her but felt like hell to me. I cried out in pain and tears fell as my arm bruised up while throbbing. She paid no mind.

"If you don't behave then I will have to punish you, Annabelle. You will be good or else." She said sternly. I couldn't reply due to the pain. She put me almost violently back into the cage, picked it up and placed a blanket over the cage. "You need to think about what you've done." The cage was violenty pushed causing me to slam against the cage bars in the dark. Lillie laughed disturbingly and shook the cage again. Then left the room. I could not see at all and every noise was beginning to seem more and more evil. I curled up once again with my body trembling and arm throbbing. Lillie had returned but ignored me entirely. It was torture to not see anything but hear her simply living her life ignoring me. She only opened the the cage once to put a piece of apple into the cage. Then turned it dark once more. I heard her music as I refused to eat the apple in the dark. I was no pet. 

              Later on she said it was time to sleep and forced me into the borrower bed like a doll. It went back to pitch black as I laid in the cold bed. There was no comfort from the bed. I sat thinking of Nathan and Victor. They treated me better than Lillie, that's for sure. Nathan's cooking and Victor's mother's cooking was something I deeply craved. Some pasta or steak seemed extremely good to me. I cried harder than I already was. I knew if I woke up Lillie she'd only punish me so I did my best to cry softly. I realized that despite what he did to my parents, Nathan treated me like an equal. Victor may have been a bit of a bully but deep down he was caring and soft. I missed them both. I miss the home Nathan gave me and even Victor calling me mouse. It hasn't even been a day in this hell and yet it feels like forever. Imagining my life being like this forever was too torturous to imagine. I fell asleep crying on an empty stomach.

A/N 

I realize that I am the slowest person when it comes to updating stories. Sorry again for it. Hope you enjoyed this chapter despite how crap and short it is. Hopefully one day I'll be back to normal.

-Molly