Chapter Nineteen - The Demon and His Halfling

The Demon and His Halfling

Victoria sighed, slipping down further into the warm tub. After their tryst in the snow Sebastian had carried her back to the castle, clutching her tightly against his warm chest. She'd been shocked at just how far she'd run.

Jasper had been waiting for them, urgently insisting Sebastian come with him. Thankfully, Jasper had been fine, nearly healed from Sebastian's claws. He did not appear at all upset by what had happened.

She had been disappointed that her demon had to leave her, and judging by the Sebastian's growls he'd clearly disliked it as well. After carrying Victoria back to her room the demon kissed her deeply, his lips lingering as if he was loath to leave. Then he left to find Jasper, cursing under his breath.

Washing away the dirt and grim she inspected herself for any wounds. Her body wasn't in any pain and her scratches and bruises were already completely healed.

Bonus points for being a halfling. She didn't want to admit that she was even remotely thankful for being half elf. Just the thought of those bastards made her skin crawl and anger flare in her gut. But at least like this she could handle Sebastian's rough lovemaking.

A blush burned her cheeks. She still couldn't believe what she'd done with the demon. Outside. In the freaking snow!

At first seeing Sebastian's demonic form she'd been shocked, but it had been his behavior that terrified her. It was one thing to hear him roaring at her in the dark and another too see the rage reflected clearly on his face.

That gloriously handsome face.

She sighed wistfully, recalling his strong jaw and straight nose. The deep blue of his skin matched perfectly with his eyes. The darker shade around those golden orbs made him look even more dangerous. His fangs were long and sharp, a stark white against his skin. As he took her in the snow she couldn't stop herself from wondering what they would feel like sinking into her neck, marking her.

Dear god, she'd almost begged him too. Her neck had ached for it.

Now that she'd finally seen him Victoria understood how his form could terrify another; everything about him was made to strike fear. Was it strange then that she found him so attractive?

Maybe she was crazy but she felt a connection with Sebastian, had felt it from that very first night. She didn't understand it, wasn't sure if it could even be explained but she thought maybe he felt it too. If only they could get past his rage and hurt...

Upon reflection she now knew that running from him had been a bad move. She feared her actions only engraved in his mind that he was a monster. Moreover, she'd nearly gotten herself killed. Sebastian had chastised her for it the entire walk back. Seriously, how was she to know hellhounds were constantly trying to invade his lands?

Leaning her head back against the tub with a sigh she remembered the way he'd fought the beasts off. Sebastian had been both frightening and glorious. Not once did he hesitate to protect her, his body so powerful, unstoppable.

And the way he'd looked at her afterwards, covered in blood, ash and snow falling all around him...Victoria shuddered, his golden eyes had blazed with a mixture of possession and desire.

Anyone else would have taken one look at him and ran. Victoria couldn't stay away. She'd found herself running into his arms, needing him. When he stiffened, his rigid erection pressing against her belly, she'd known he was going to take her. Right there in the snow. And she'd wanted him too.

Victoria rubbed her heated cheeks at the memory. There had been no fear, only want, when her demon had shoved her to the ground, shredding through her clothes, his low growls in her ear. At first it had hurt, his size still too big, but once he gentled the pain had turned into pleasure.