two.

"Will you please stop shouting at me, please?" Ashton groaned out, his head in his hands. "What did I even do?"

Erica and Ashton had been together for two years, and for the past seven months, they'd done nothing but bicker and argue and shout.

Ashton had met Erica through old friends, at a house party. Alcohol, cigarettes, even illegal substances that Ashton didn't really know the names of. It was during a game of spin the bottle that they'd first interacted and they'd spent most days together ever since

"It's not like you don't know what you're doing!" Erica was shouting now, at the top of her lungs for her neighbours to hear. Tears were streaming down her cheeks and she was absolutely hysterical for a reason that Ashton wasn't quite understanding.

"I'm actually lost," Ashton spoke slowly as he lifted his head up to look at his girlfriend, taking a step towards her, only for her to step back.

"Don't touch me!" Erica was becoming more annoyed and hysterical by the second. "I don't know where your filthy hands have been."

Ashton scoffed slightly, laughing as he shook his head, and he turned away, starting to pace around his girlfriends living room. His hands were balling in and out of fists, and his breathing was starting to become heavy as he turned around to face his girlfriend once more.

"Okay, so what is that supposed to mean? That I'm fucking someone, that my hands are all over some other girl?" Ashton laughed slightly, but his laugh wasn't sincere. Only very sarcastic and shocked.

"So you admit it then?" Tears were sliding down Erica's pale cheeks, but her mascara wasn't budging, nor was her eyeliner. Not even her foundation.

Erica had to be kidding. There was no way in a million years that Ashton would go near another girl, never mind fuck one. He'd had his heart set on the girl before him since before their lips had touched, and all of a sudden she was being paranoid.

"Are you joking? You actually think that I've done something with someone else?" Ashton spoke calmly and smoothly, his hands still balling in and out of fists, his breathing staying slow.

"Well, that's what your messages suggest," Erica spoke quieter than before, as if she'd done something wrong, but her voice was still very loud. "Oh yeah, let's go it for drinks sometime, I can't wait to see you, it'll be so much fun! Sound familiar?"

Ashton couldn't believe what he was hearing. His girlfriend was now scrolling through his messages, but not only that - she was being paranoid about a cousin - a cousin visiting from his hometown.

"I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but you're actually being crazy. You're going through my messages, and you think I'm fucking my cousin." Ashton could only shake his head and laugh, letting out a few stressful groans every now and then.

"Doesn't sound like a cousin," Erica spoke calmly now, starting to realise that she was wrong, but being as petty as she was, she wouldn't give in to losing that easily.

"Oh, so Sarah Irwin, a girl with the same last name as me, and if you look through her Facebook, which I assume you have, is mutual friends with all of my family, is the girl that I'm fucking." Ashton licked across his lips and he let one hand slide up to run through is messy curls.

It was at this moment that Erica took a step forward, but Ashton took a step back. Erica quickly wiped her eyes and she shook her head, instantly regretting causing an argument over nothing, again.

"I'm getting kinda sick of all the accusations." Ashton spoke slowly and he shook his head, taking a deep breath as he walked to the sofa, picking up his black denim jacket that he'd left sitting on the arm as he walked in. "I'll see you Monday at school, I think we need a few days from each other."

"Are you breaking up with me?" Erica asked, her words quick and rushed, as she started to shake her head, her eyes watering once more. "Please, don't do this,"

"We're not breaking up." Ashton interrupted Erica and her rushed speaking, walking back over to leave a soft kiss against her forehead, and another against her lips. "I just think we need a day or two apart. I'll keep messaging you, and I'll be sure to call you tonight and tomorrow. I love you."

And with that, Ashton turned back around and he walked out of the living room and out of the front door, and Erica was left sitting at the dining table, in front of the tulips that Ashton had bought her twenty seven minutes and forty three seconds ago.