six.

The flower shop looked a lot nicer at night. There were fairly lights up on the ceiling, hooked there with gold pins, and all of the flowers looked so beautiful with the little lights shining on them. Ashton looked around the store, letting his fingers run across the surface of the counter, his eyes darting from flower to flower, a deep sigh leaving his lips.

"Why do you like flowers so much?" Luke spoke slowly as he walked behind Ashton, and once the smaller but older boy had moved, he lifted himself up onto the counter, sitting with his legs dangling down against the front. "Your school bag, it has *babies breath patches on it, are those your favourite?"

"No, they're not. Hey, won't those lights drag your electric bill on?" Ashton spoke slowly, turning his head to look at Luke, a smile taking over his lips slightly. "I like them because they're pretty, and there's lots of different ones to choose from. Lot's of colours and sizes."

Luke nodded his head slowly as he listened to the curly haired boy, thinking to himself for a moment as he lifted his legs to cross them underneath his body.

"Nah, they're on a timer. They turn off at seven every night." Luke explained, running his fingers through his hair. "What's your favourite? Flower that is," Luke spoke quietly, not wanting to cause too much of a fuss, knowing that anyone could walk past at any second and see them - there was a club just down the street. "Or favourites. I know that some people have more than one favourite."

"I like orchids, and chrysanthemums." Ashton replied rather bluntly as he let his fingers move to run through his hair, his smile growing a little wider. "Chrysanthemums are my mothers favourite, and I like how orchids look in my bedroom. They look nice against my wall."

"Why, what colour is your wall?" Luke asked softly, acting as if he hadn't stalked the others Instagram and Facebook, knowing exactly that Ashton's room was,

"A soft blue colour," Just like Luke knew, Ashton spoke the words, but continued his speech. "Lot's of posters as well, of bands and album arts. Some cool paintings I've taken from the art department in school."

Ashton had never told anyone about that before, but now he was curious about Luke. He slowly pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, before he cleared his throat to ask the other a question.

"What about you, what colour is your room?" Ashton spoke again, tilting his head ever so slightly to the side, taking a deep breath as he leaned against the wall to face Luke, who was still sitting on the counter.

"My room is dark grey, with some chips in it because I keep picking at it." Luke replied to the others question, tilting his own head to mock the others actions slightly. "My mum didn't let me paint it red, she said it symbolises anger, and apparently I'm already angry enough."

Luke then slowly got up off of the counter and he walked across to Ashton, licking across his lips, chuckling to himself slightly. He then slowly brought one hand up to the others cheek, gently letting his eyes scan across the others expression, which was laced with confusion.

"What are you doing?" Ashton spoke, but he was interrupted when Luke let his hand slide across the others mouth for a moment.

"You don't want to kiss me?" Luke laughed to himself as if it was a rhetorical question, but was shocked when the other boy started to shake his head.

"Me? Kiss you?" Ashton spoke against the others hand that was muffling his speech, a laugh falling after. "That's crazy!"

Ashton managed to slide his way out of the others hand and he was now standing against the counter, shaking his head.

"What on earth gave you that impression?" Ashton asked, moving to sit in Luke's previous position.

"You showed up. Why else would you have come here?" Luke asked as his brows furrowed, still being confused by the other not wanting to kiss him. "So, just to be clear, you don't want to kiss me? Not even a little bit?"

"Dude, I'm not into guys. I like pussy." Ashton said rather bluntly as he rolled his eyes, "I came here because you asked me to and I wanted to know what you wanted."

"Wait, you don't like dudes? Not even a little?" Luke was completely shocked, one hand scratching at his head slightly. "Who wouldn't want to kiss me?"

"I'm gonna go," Ashton spoke slowly, nodding towards the other with a smile as he climbed off of the counter. "I'll see you in school or somethin', maybe? Or maybe I won't, I don't know."

Within a few moments, Ashton had left the flower shop, leaving Luke alone with his hands running through his hair, wondering why the fuck Ashton Irwin wouldn't kiss him.

-

*babies breath