three.

11:43pm.

Ashton had his phone sitting against his bedside table as it started to ring and vibrate, flashing to signal a call coming through to his phone. He walked across from the other side of his room, picking up his phone and pressing the decline button as he saw it was Erica. He sent a quick message to let her know that he was changing, and that he'd call back in a minute tor two, only for her to reply with a few heart emojis and kisses.

Within a minute or two, Ashton was changed from his jeans and shirt into a pair of pyjama trousers. He then took his glasses off of the bridge of his nose and he climbed into bed, sitting the glasses onto his bedside table. He took a deep breath and picked his phone up from the unit, unlocking it and clicking onto Facetime, pressing his girlfriends contact, which just happened to be 'babygirl', followed by a few heart emojis that she'd set herself. If he'd named the contact himself, it'd simply be 'Erica' with a heart next to the name.

"Hey babe," Ashton spoke slowly as he let his fingers run through his hair, smiling as he watched his girlfriends face show up on the screen. "How are you feeling?"

Erica no longer had any eye makeup or foundation on, but her eyebrows were still filled in which was something that she was used to. Erica was always great at makeup, but she didn't look bad without it at all, in fact her skin looked so much healthier without the layers of makeup. Her medium brown hair was pulled up into a messy bun, and she was smiling towards her camera as if nothing happened a few hours before.

"I'm all good, what about you? Have you done anything since you got home?" Erica spoke slowly and quietly, knowing that her parents were in bed, and her brother was next door playing on his stupid computer thing. God knows what they're called.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I didn't do much, just ate and changed into pyjamas. I did a little homework as well for physics, exams are soon, you know?" Ashton replied to his girlfriend, grinning towards his camera as he watched the other messing around with the strands of hair that had fallen down from her messy bun. "Have you done any studying?"

"Yeah, I did some shit for my maths class, and then a little for English." Erica shrugged slightly, her fingers tapping against the skin of her cheeks.

Erica had chiselled cheeks and her nails were painted with a red polish she'd bought from the drug store a few blocks from her house. Her eyes were a soft blue-green colour, and her skin was dotted with freckles, and a few black heads across her chin and nose area. She wasn't perfect, but to Ashton, she was definitely the most beautiful girl.

"I'm glad you're alright then, what are you doing tomorrow? Do you still have to go to your brothers award ceremony?" Ashton asked, remembering what his girlfriend had told him earlier in the week, watching as she smiled. He knew that she liked when he remembered.

"I do have to go to that actually, I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me." Erica spoke slowly, grinning in response to her boyfriends words, her fingers moving to push the loose strands of her hair behind her ears. "What are you doing just now anyway?"

As Ashton was asked this question, his eyes darted up to the top of his phone screen, reading a notification that came through to his phone, a puzzled look on his face.

Luke Hemmings sent you a friend request.

"What the," Ashton spoke in almost a whisper, pressing the home button on his phone, and clicking onto his social media folder, and then the Facebook app.

"What is it? Why did you pause me?" Erica asked softly, wondering what was going on as she stared at the now blurred screen.

Ashton clicked on the friend request banner at the bottom of his Facebook screen, seeing that it was indeed, Luke Hemmings that had sent him a friend request.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just my mum messaging me, the internet will be going off soon," Ashton wasn't exactly lying, but he also wasn't telling the truth. The internet would be turned off in fifteen minutes, but he wasn't shocked by that.

Ashton then clicked on Luke Hemmings profile, accepting the request and looking through his profile, scrolling down to look at statuses, and any photo's he'd posted recently, wondering what he could possibly want.

"Are you coming back onto Facetime?" Erica still spoke slowly and quietly, letting out a soft breath as she waited for her boyfriend to come back onto the video call, and she smiled once he did.

"Yeah, sorry, was just messaging my mum back," Ashton spoke slowly, smiling towards his girlfriend as if she was in the room with him, his fingers gently tapping the screen out of habit, but his eyebrows furrowed as another notification showed up on the screen.

Luke Hemmings: Hey, hot stuff. Come to the flower shop.