five.

"Hey, Erica, I have to go, my mum is about to turn the internet off," Ashton spoke slowly as he continued to swipe down on the messages coming through his phone, by not leaving FaceTime.

"Aw, yeah okay. I didn't realise it was so late. Text me just now?" Erica spoke slowly, grinning towards hr boyfriend through the phone screen, watching as he did the same, although a bit confused as to why he looked so distracted. "Everything is okay, right?"

Ashton nodded his head slowly, finally taking a deep breath as he let the messages disappear, looking back to Erica, smiling.

"Yeah, of course, just tired." Ashton smiled softly and he licked across his lips as he brought his hand up to his lips, blowing a few kisses towards the screen. "I'll text you just now, okay? I love you, bye."

As Ashton listened to his girlfriend reply with the same words, he pressed the end call button on his phone, and he immediately shot up from his bed. He immediately ran his fingers through his hair and he looked up at the clock hanging on his wall, trying to read the time.

12:01am.

Ashton didn't have much time to get ready, but he was quick to start. He stripped from his pyjama bottoms, and into a pair of black sweat pants. He then pulled a burgundy hoodie over his top half, and he picked up his glasses from the bedside table, sliding them up his nose, taking a heavy breath.

He then picked up his phone, sending a quick message to Erica, asking how she was really feeling, wondering whether she was actually alright. He then dropped his phone back onto the bed, and he walked to the other side of his room, picking up his pair of black, tattered converse, pulling them on his feet.

After sitting and tying his laces, he looked back up at the clock, seeing that it was now 12:07, and that he didn't have much time to get to the flower shop. It was a fifteen minute walk, and he needed to be there before half past. He picked up his phone from the bed, and he slid it into the pocket of his hoodie, taking a shaky breath.

Why the fuck am I doing this?

The dirty blonde boy walked to his window, and he slid it open slowly, taking a deep breath of the fresh air. He then slowly lifted one leg over the window pane, and the other after, sitting down with his legs dangling out, being careful not to fall. When he was sure he was balanced enough, he slowly lowered himself down, holding onto the ledge as tightly as he could, eventually letting go when he was sure that his drop wouldn't be loud enough for his mum to hear.

As his feet his the floor, Ashton slid his phone from his pocket, having a look at the time, seeing that it was now 12:10am, and he quickly walked to the gate of his garden, climbing over it to avoid any squeaking or clinking. After he'd made it onto the other side safely, he started walking in the direction of the flower shop, his hands sliding into his pockets.

-

As Luke waited for Ashton to show up, his fingers ran through his hair, a cheeky smirk was on his lips. He knew that no one could say no to him, and he knew that Ashton would most definitely show up.

Everyone loved a bit of a mystery, some adventure from time to time. Who didn't like sneaking out after midnight?

12:26.

Luke had been waiting for eleven minutes. His fingers were tracing across the shape of his hipbones through the tight sweatpants he wore against his legs, and his eyes stayed glued in the direction of which Ashton would come.

As he noticed the curly haired boy walking towards the flower shop, his smirk could only get wider.

"So you showed up, just like I thought you would. I'm pretty sure you said you didn't want to come, and that you weren't going to," Luke let his smirk tone down a little, and instead curved his lips into a sweet smile as he took a few steps closer to Ashton, his head tilting. "but, here you are."

Ashton could only scoff a little, shaking his head to himself as he let his fingers run through his curls, his head tilted slightly.

"No more smart comments, what do you want?" Ashton asked rather confidently, tilting his own head to mock Luke and his actions.

"Isn't it obvious? Can't a guy just want to hang out with another guy?" Luke asked softly, his voice laced with a rather teasing tone.

"After midnight, and at a flower shop, and with someone you've met once? No." Ashton replied, shaking his head a little more as he took a step back from Luke, not being entirely sure what he was capable of.

"You say no, but you still showed up, past midnight, at a flower shop, to see someone you've met once," Luke replied, as he took another step towards Ashton, shaking his own head now, offering a hand out to the other for a minute. "Trust me, come inside. I don't bite,"

Ashton was beyond confused. HIs head was practically pounding, and his eyes were closing every couple of seconds to come to terms with what was happening. His eyes opened properly and he let them focus on the other for a minute, seeing the smile that was on Luke's lips turn into a cheeky grin.

"And how do I know that?" Ashton asked, but he still held his hand out to the others with slight hesitation.

"Because I'm telling you." Luke smiled gently and he let his hand slide past the others, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I know that you like flowers, you draw them a lot in art class. I thought I'd give you some to take home."

Ashton tilted his head as he listened to the other lads words, his hand gently relaxing against the others as he let his head shake.

"You don't have to do that," Ashton spoke slowly, it was quickly cut off by the other.

"I don't have to, you're right," Luke spoke slowly, and he reached into the pocket of his jacket, taking out the keys that happened to be for the flower shop.

"I want to."