Won't Go Home Without You

Kehlani

The music was loud. The smell of the beer was nauseating. The food was terrible. The outfits were revealing. And the guys... they were impossible.

I don't think there is a worse place for me to be than a college party, yet here I am.

"Hey baby... you wanna come dance" a larger guy asks as he leans over me and I laugh.

"No, I don't" I admit.

"Come on. You look like you can dance" he claims as he looks me up and down.

"Not with you" I say.

"Just one song" the man says reaching for my hand.

Someone knocks his hand away and I turn around. I see Kris standing next to me and my eyes go wide.

He had on a tight black v-neck and jeans on. He styled his hair nice and he looked a little too good if you asked me.

"Sorry Zach, she's with me" he says.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll go find someone else" the guy says as he dances away. I let out a long sigh as I turn to Kris.

"Thanks for that" I say.

"Awww. That's actually the nicest thing you've ever said to me" he says and I roll my eyes. "What are you doing here? I thought you didn't go to these things."

"I don't. But I did make a deal with my roommate that if I came here with her tonight and she gets to bring a guy home and I stay until she comes back then she will get lost the whole weekend and I can have the place to myself" I explain.

"Why did you have to come here" he asks.

"Apparently I'm "hard to be around" and a "scare the guys away" so I have to come here so they could go back to our place" I explain and he laughs. "What about you" I ask.

"I'm the wing man" he claims.

"You're doing a pretty bad job if you're in the corner talking to me" I tease.

"There isn't a place in here that I would rather be" he claims.

I give a little smile as he looks me over. He checks me out and I felt less like punching him in the face than usual. He didn't do it like most guys do where I feel violated, but to where he was becoming acquainted with me. Getting to know me and my curves and blemishes.

"You look amazing tonight" he says and I laugh.

"Is that the best you got" I ask.

"I was going to tell you I love the way your eyes sparkle with that red dress you have on but I feel like you wouldn't believe me" he claims.

"You're right, I wouldn't" I agree.

"Do you want a drink" he offers.

"I would love one" I admit.

We go over to the kitchen and he hands me a beer and he grabs a water then motions for us to leave.

"Are you going to get a drink" I ask.

"I got one" he says showing me his water.

"No" I laugh. "A real drink."

"Ohhh. Yeah I don't drink alcohol" he claims and I raise my eyebrow.

"Interesting" I claim.

"That's one way of saying it" he laughs. "Come on" he says reaching his hand out. Instead of putting my hand in his I simply walk over and follow him out.

After a few drinks I loosen up a little. I was kind of enjoying myself which is weird because I wasn't by myself. But Kris wasn't as bad as I originally thought and proved to be a little bright spot in this night.

"Do you want to dance with me" he asks.

"Do I want to? No. But would I? Probably" I admit and he rolls his eyes.

Instead of talking he takes the beer out of my hand and sets it down. He grabs my hand and pulls me out to the area where people were dancing. He pulls me close and I back away a little. I knew how this night was going to end and I was not excited about it.

"I asked her to stay
But she wouldn't listen
And she left before I had the chance to say, oh
The words that would mend
The things that were broken
But now it's far too late; she's gone away

Every night you cry yourself to sleep
Thinking: "Why does this happen to me?
Why does every moment have to be so hard?"
Hard to believe that

It's not over tonight
Just give me one more chance to make it right
I may not make it through the night
I won't go home without you."

Ever so slowly he moves closer and closer until our bodies were grinding against each other. His hands grip my waist tight as I dance on him. His head rests between my shoulder and my head as we remain impossibly close.

"Can't I tell you something" he whispers in my ear.

"What" I demand.

"I am crazy about you" he says and I feel chills all over my body.

I knew that there was no way I was going to talk my way out of this one.

"The taste of her breath
I'll never get over
The noises that you made kept me awake, oh
The weight of the things that remained unspoken
Built up so much it crushed us everyday

Every night you cry yourself to sleep
Thinking: "Why does this happen to me?
Why does every moment have to be so hard?"
Hard to believe that

It's not over tonight
Just give me one more chance to make it right
I may not make it through the night
I won't go home without you."

Kris softly puts his finger under my chin and pulls my chin up. I look into his brilliant blue eyes and I feel my walls breaking. Each brick making a run for it weakening me so much. I worked so hard to push him away and in the matter of moments I lost it all.

"Do you want to get out of here" he asks.

Not trusting my voice I nod and he smiles down at me. He finally grabs my hand and pulls me out of the party. He takes me the short way to his dorm and into his room.

I stand at his window and look out of it. I feel him stand right behind me as my backside fits with his front. He starts to kiss my neck and I close my eyes. I run my fingers through his hair as his soft lips suck on my skin.

I quickly turn around and press my lips to his. He pushes me against the wall as he wraps his arms around me. I cup his face as I press my lips to his, neither of us showing signs of slowing down. The beer was all but in control by this point and I wasn't strong enough to fight it.

He takes me to his bed and softly lays me down. He sheds his shirt before climbing on top of me. I run my hands down his chest as his muscles tense under my touch. He slips his hand under my dress as I stare deep into his eyes. He easily tosses it over my head and onto the floor next to his shirt.

He stares at me as he brushes a piece of hair out of my face. He runs his hands down my side and stops when he gets to my underwear. I lift my hips so he can remove them and he easily does.

I pull him down and press my lips to his again. I feel his hands shed his pants as our lips never separate.

"You ready" he huffs as he tries to catch his breath.

"I'm ready."