That Dress

Kris

As summer comes to a close we have to be signed up for classes and have a place to live for the semester. My parents agreed to get me a apartment as long as as I keep my straight A's and do good on the diamond. And after a lot of convincing Kehlani agreed to move in with me. I know we're young but we would move in together sooner or later. I guess it's going to be sooner.

"What does your schedule look like" I wonder as we sit in my room just hanging out.

"Well I have that art program so that takes a lot out of my schedule" she admits.

"Did you change your major to art" I ask and she freezes.

"Oh wow, I think I did" she whispers.

"Baby that's awesome! But why do I feel like I'm more excited than you are" I question.

"Because you probably are" she laughs.

"Why aren't you excited" I wonder.

"I am! I promise I am. But I'm also scared. With pre-med I was so certain of my future. There's a million things I could have done with that degree. But now it's art and I'm not so certain" she claims.

"There's nothing certain about the future. You know that as well as anyone" I insist.

"The future is whatever you make it. And I don't know what I want it to be anymore" she explains.

"Shoot for the stars. No more holding back, no more hiding from what could have been, no most shutting everything down. Like you said, your future is whatever you make it, so why not make it amazing? Why not make it something that you wake up every day so excited to be a part of. Make it something that your mother would brag about to all of her art friends. Make it so your sister has to come visit you more often to see your amazing art pieces.

Make it so everything you've been through is worth it" I explain.

"I wish my life was half as incredible as you make it seem" she claims.

"You have so much time to make a new ending. Start now, and write your happily ever after" I suggest.

"I have my happily ever after" she claims as she smiles up at me.

"God you're so stinking cute" I admit as I pull her into my lap. I lace my fingers through hers as we sit on my bed.

"So what do you want to do today" she questions.

"Let's go get married" I joke as she smacks my arm.

"I'm serious Kris. We've been cooped up in here for a while now, why don't we go out as do something" she asks.

"Alright. Lets go have dinner at the Eiffel Tower" I say and she smiles.

"Really" she squeals.

"Yeah. Dress up really nice and we can get some of that sparkling juice that looks like champagne" I tease.

"That sounds like a lot of fun" she admits.

"Then it's a date."

After we spend most of the afternoon cuddling up to each other we decide to get ready for our date. We tell my parents of our plans and they agreed to help us out. So my mom helps Kehlani get ready and my dad helps me. He lets me use one of his old tuxedos and I have to admit, it looked sharp. He gets a gold tie and ties it around my neck.

"I feel like I'm helping you on your wedding day" he claims and I laugh.

"I think you're safe for a few more years" I assure him.

"Are you going to marry Lani" he questions.

"Yeah. I am" I smile and he smiles back at me.

"I'm really happy for you son. I remember when I knew your mom was the one, it was the best feeling in the world" he admits.

"It's pretty great" I agree.

After about 30 minutes I was ready. So I sat there in my parents room with my dad just talking while my mom and Kehlani finished up in the bathroom. They had been there for about a hour and a half and they sounded like they were having a bunch of fun, laughing loudly and using a hair dryer for about 20 straight minutes.

"Are you guys ready" my mom asks.

"Yes" my dad and I answer at the same time.

"I don't think you are" my mom sing songs and suddenly I was really nervous. I feel my palms get sweaty as I wipe them on my pants. I hear the door open and my heart stops. I almost felt like I was getting married.

Kehlani comes out in a sheer gold dress that would be nice in the Vegas summer sun

Kehlani comes out in a sheer gold dress that would be nice in the Vegas summer sun. Her long blonde hair was curled and she was nice and tan from being in our pool in the backyard. She had on some gold makeup that made her night green eyes pop and suddenly I forgot how to breathe.

She slowly walks over to me as she smiles big. I just stand there with my mouth wide open as she waits for me to say anything.

"Please say something" she begs.

"I can't breathe" I whisper and she giggles. She moves her hair out of the way and I swear my legs were just going to give out.

"You look great" she claims.

"Thanks. You... you look stunning" I admit and she smiles that incredible smile up at me.

"Thank you. Your mom is a miracle worker" she claims.

"She's great. You're great. You look great" I stutter and she giggles.

"Alright romeo. Are you ready to go to the Eiffel Tower" she asks.

"I was" I tease and she rolls her eyes.

She grabs my hand before turning around to my parents.

"Thank you guys for all your help. I promise to have him back before 11" she says and my parents laugh.

"Of course sweetie. You kids have fun" my mom insists.

With that she grabs my hand and pulls me out their room and out to the car. We drive off into the city and to the fake Eiffel Tower which is one of the many attractions in the city. We go up in it and find a table by the window. We order the sparkling apple juice and sip of it out of the wine glasses.

"You seriously look amazing. Like I can't even believe that someone can look that good" I admit.

"So you've mentioned" she blushes.

"Where did you even get this dress" I wonder.

"Your mom and I was messing around the other day and we saw that and she insisted she bought it for me. I didn't understand why, but I'm not mad about it" she shrugs.

"Me neither" I smirk.