This Place Is Alright

Kris

To kick off the begging of summer, one of my high school friends is throwing a pool party that I was so graciously invited to. And after a lot of convincing and a little bit of bribing I get Kehlani to agree to come with me. As soon as I told her there would be beer she loosened up.

So we get changed at my house before heading a few blocks down to my friends David's place. His parents were out in Florida for vacation and left him  alone at the house. And being the responsible guy that he is he decided to throw a pool party since his parents were away.

Kehlani and I were one of the first people there so we eat a hotdog and I introduce her to David. I know meeting people wasn't her forte so I keep her by my side and don't let her get too far from me. So I tuck her under my arm as I catch up with old friends, even though they didn't really care about what's happened in the last nine months. They just wanted to know who Kehlani was, why she agreed to be my girlfriend and if she has a sister. You should see the look of disappointment when they find out her sister is older...

After a while the house gets pretty packed. And as it does in the Las Vegas sun it starts to get really hot.

"Do you wanna swim" I ask Kehlani as she nursed a beer.

"Absolutely" she agrees.

We head over to our stuff to get changed. I start to put on some sun screen but my eye caught something else. I watch as Kehlani takes off her shirt revealing her incredible body. Her stomach was nice and toned and always tan. The little white bikini coving enough to keep her modest but showing enough to keep you wondering. Her long blonde hair runs down her sides as she sheds the extra clothing. I can't stop the smile from coming on my face as I get a good look at her. Because even if we're weren't together i would still say that she is actually the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on, and it sure doesn't hurt that we're together either.

"Can you stop drooling and help me get this sunscreen on" she finally asks and I shake my head of all the dirty thoughts running through my head. I put sunscreen on her back as she puts some on mine. Once we were both covered we hop in the pool and I can feel all the stress melt away.

"Oh, this feels good" she sighs as she lets the water go up to her chest. She sinks down until just her head is above and I just smile at her.

"You're so cute" I insist but she just sends me a playful glare.

"You're not too bad yourself" she claims.

"Is there anything you wanted to do this summer? My family doesn't have a trip planned so we're pretty much open to anything" I insist.

"Not really. Just wanted to spend time with you guys, get ready for this art program and see my sister some" she admits.

"My family is having a big cookout this weekend and we would love for your sister to be there. This way they can meet her and she can hang out with you for a while" I suggest.

"That would be a lot of fun" she smiles.

"Does that sound good" I question.

"It sounds great."

After chilling by ourselves in the pool for a while some of my friends join me. One of them ask for me to play ping pong with him and Kehlani insisted I should go play with my friends. She promised she would try to make some friends herself and not totally bum everyone out.

So I get out of the pool and go to the ping pong table for a over competitive game with my buddies. After a while I tap someone in and I just watch with a few of the guys.

"So where did you find your girl" my friend Taylor asks.

"We met the first day of college. But we didn't actually start dating until late February" I explain.

"Wow... you were able to go 6 months knowing that girl and you weren't all over that" he questions as I just laugh. You have to laugh.

"Something like that" I shrug. It was actually nothing like that, but unless I told him every detail of our lives he just wouldn't understand.

"Well are you guys serious now. Like, do you think she's the one" he wonders and I smile.

I turn around to look at her and I see she was actually making friends in the pool. Smiling and laughing with some of the people here, looking like she was actually enjoying herself for once.

"She's the one, for sure" I promise.

"How do you know she's the one" he wonders.

"Because she is unlike anyone I ever met before. Every girlfriend I ever had would change. I would like her and she would learn about things I did and act like the liked those things too. Then before I know it all the things I started liking her for aren't there anymore because she's trying to become my dream girl.

But not this one. No. She made it known how she felt and that wasn't going to change. Don't get me wrong, things are different. But the only thing that has changed about her is that her walls are down revealing who I knew she was this whole entire time" I explain.

"She sounds complicated" he admits.

"It's like trying to translate the Bible from Latin to English" I admit as he laughs. "But I can put my whole faith in her without a second guess and I'll know it's the right choice."

"Well I'm happy for you. You guys sound like you'll go the distance. I'm rooting for you guys" he claims.

"Thanks Taylor. You're a good friend" I admit and he laughs.

"I try."

After a intense match I take my L and go find the one person who could make it better. I wrap my arms around Kehlani's chest and rest my chin on her head. She starts to rub my arm and I admit, it does make me feel better.

"Are you having fun" I ask her.

"I actually am, which is weird because I'm not by myself of with your family" she admits.

"Believe it or not, but not everyone is a worthless bag or marbles" I insist.

"Yeah. This place is alright" she smiles up at me.