Chapter 31

A/N: I have nothing against Mark Tuan from GOT7, just so y'all know. I just needed a name for the boy and Mark was the first name that came to my head for some reason.

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

"Alright, I know the plan was our idea, but I have serious doubts it's going to work now," Jisoo said. I decided to talk to Jisoo because I talked to Jennie last time for fairness reasons, I guess. "In all honesty, if Jimin was crying, he was probably being genuine."

"Are you saying that we should just give up?" I ask back.

"I wouldn't necessarily say give up, but give Jimin another chance."

"Why should I? He doesn't love me back."

"I would hold that thought, Y/N."

"What makes you say that?"

"He worried about your safety and came to your rescue after you knew about the bet. If that doesn't show much he cares for you, I don't know what else does."

"I-I kn—"

"No, you don't know. Part of you yearns for him while the other part doesn't. It's time you pick a side before things could get worse."

"Help me, please. I want to get past this point," I say as tears threaten to flow down my cheeks.

"Do you love him?"

"I-I d-do, it's k-kind of damaged, but y-yeah."

"What does your heart want, Y/N?"

"It wants to be satisfied. It wants to feel warm and loved, just like the way it used to be when I was with him. I've never felt this way about anyone before." I wasn't lying when I said those words. Before Jimin, I never had a reason to stay strong and happy myself unless it was for a family member.

"Then go out and hear his side of the story. In the heat of the moment, you stormed off and didn't bother to listen to what he had to say, which is probably why you got so broken and why you're conflicted right now."

"I'm just afraid, Jisoo."

"The only way to not be afraid is to just do it. Just talk to him and get it over with. You don't want to be dragged into a bigger mess. The dance is coming up, so try and finish the year on a positive note."

I took a deep breath and exhaled through my mouth.

"Okay, I will."