Chapter 32

~SOME TIME LATER~

Today was the day of the dance. The day I would let all barriers lose and be free from my junior year of high school. The day I would get answers from the boy I love.

"Aww, you look so lovely kids!" My mother exclaimed as she took photos of Taehyung and I in our formal attire. I was a little weirded out because we were both wearing black, so people would mistake us for a couple, but I still smiled for the photos because every mother deserves to see her children happy.

Suddenly, the honking of the car outside caught our attention, making Taehyung and I giggle a bit before hugging our mom goodbye.

  ✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼ 

Blaring music and flashing lights welcomed me into the school. I initially flinch due to how loud the whole set up is, but I got used to it after a few seconds. A hand on my shoulder caused me to flinch once again, since I didn't know who the owner of that hand was.

"Hey, Y/N! Ready to have fun?" It was Jennie and Jisoo, and they were huddled together like their lives depended on it. It was pretty funny to watch; not going to lie. "We may have drank way too much punch!"

We trotted toward the speakers as BIGBANG's "Fantastic Baby" roared throughout the room.

"I WANNA DAN DAN DAN DAN DANCE!" The sugar high duet belted, making me laugh harder and enjoy the night more.

I was lost in the deep bass, high falsetto, and everything in between. The blasts of sound coming from different directions in the room involuntary moved my body as I enjoyed every moment of it. This was exactly what I needed: a distraction from the drama I would inevitably face.

When the song style changed and Taeyang's "Eyes, Nose, Lips" replaced the loud party atmosphere from earlier, I noticed that everyone around me was moving to their boyfriend or girlfriend, and Jennie and Jisoo decided to slow dance together playfully, making me chuckle at the weirdness of my friends. This could be the perfect opportunity to meet with Jimin. We would finally confirm what our relationship is and end the awkwardness between us, and—

Jimin was dancing with another girl, and that girl was Minhee.