deux

"In fear, yet always lovely as a goddess ,
and dreadful in your beauty"- stéphane mallarmé

Adul (pronunciation uh•dual)

I woke up with clouded vision and a terrible pounding in my head. My arms tied behind a chair with clean white rope, the surroundings of a cold basement and stacked boxes enclosed me.

My shoes have been removed allowing the pads of my feet to touch the cold dull concrete. I was in agony. "Help," I croaked allowing the hot tears to disperse down my face "Anyone please help!"

I thought about everyone who didn't know that I was gone, my dear mother didn't see me arrive home last night. My father unaware that I'm trapped inside some lunatic's murder house.

The doorknob started to jiggle as I looked from my peripheral vision. The man stepped inside his dress shoes making the only noise in the encased room.

He didn't dress like a killer, as his patterned buttoned down was tucked into his black dress pants topped off with a belt and tie. "I see you're awake my doll," he whispered, the pad of his thumb brushed against my tan colored cheeks.

"Let me go!" I screamed shaking my body in the heavy chair. He responded with a laugh that made my soul burn.

"No can do beautiful, see I'd let you go but you'd only be able to stay around the realm of the mansion. As for going home as you meant, that's impossible, I've put in too much work obtaining you to simply allow you to flee."

"What do you want from me? I have nothing I'm simply a student I have no money or anything to offer !" I bawled as he paced around the room.

"You are so amusing, obviously I don't want any of your money darling I have plenty of that on my own," he spoke.

I thought of his disposition he spoke differently than he did when he kidnapped me. His voice carried so much power behind each of his words, this imbecile had so much class it fueled my anger.

"Then why am I here!" I screamed as his eyes pierced holes into my soul.

"Can't you see Adul, can't you see?" He placed the palm of his hands around my face. His big brown orbs looking for some kind of sign of realization from me.

"I've simply searched ages for a completion to my collection and I think I've finally found one, it's you, you are my prized possession," he spoke with eyes filled with weary.

I whimpered, as this was not a collection that I desired to be a part of. I thought of the idea that there were other girls in my position. Where were they? Are they alive?

"Where are your other girls?" I gulped not truly knowing what his reaction would be.

His face lit up in response "My dolls you mean? oh you'd meet them momentarily; they are currently doing their weekly chores in which you'll take part in."

"So they're like...your maids?" I spoke as he shook his head in laughter his long brown hair covered his face.

"Of course not, my dolls are the greatest assets of my business, they surround me with love and life, they create memories worth a lifetime," he smiled.

"Darling I will untie you instantly but failure to behave properly would enable you to be punished again."
I nodded not wanting to know what the punishment may be as he unraveled the rope from my sore wrist.

"Why'd did you choose me to be one?" I questioned curiously as to why this stranger would take me from my life and place me here.

"That's a story for another time," he spoke. The white rope remained at the sides of the chair as I removed my hands from their confinement. The rope leaving a red harsh pattern on my skin.

"Now," He lent a hand.
"Would you like to meet your fellow dolls?"

-
Like + Comment pls
Q: how are you?

Edited