épilogue

We return to life feeling it more keenly
and understanding it more deeply
than before.— Virginia Woolf

The end

Adul

I watched as the man sat down his pen. His writing halted mid way into my story. He folded his hands as he looked up to me and opened his mouth to speak. "Sex trafficking is a very dangerous industry, not many people make it out. You and Irving are the very few."

I parted my chapped lips as I looked down to my lap. Worried about all the women such as Marisol that are stuck in this never ending loop. "The people, the names I've told you. Have you written them down? Will you try to find them?"

"I've been on cases like these for a while, and every time I think I'm ahead I end up being behind.People like Taehyung and his friends are trained in this, they have many connections, it is difficult to keep up."

"So where do we go from here?" I asked honestly.

"Well I will continue to do all that I can to make sure people like you don't experience the horror of trafficking." He stood as he gathered his pad. "As for you, it's time for you to live your life, free to your hearts content."

Walking towards me he reached into his hind pocket retrieving a sleek card holder as he fetched a black card. "If you need anything, anything at all don't be afraid to reach me." he assured.

"Dectective Seokjin?" I asked.

"Please, just call me Jin." his blush pink lips rose to a small smile "Anyway, I should go, there has been a young man outside waiting for you."

I looked towards the door as I saw his tan skin and anxiety filled brown eyes. At the look of me a smile was drawn across his face.

"Adul?" He spoke, while embracing me into his arms.

"Giovanni"

He released his arms from around me as I frowned. His warm embrace was the safest I felt in ages.

"Did I hurt you? Look at you-you're all beat up." He spoke while acknowledging the bandages and stitches on my legs.

"I'm fine," I laughed "I can take anything, even your hugs."

He blushed as he ran his hands through his glossed black hair. "I've missed you." He spoke.

And I missed him too. I've missed the way that his hands felt on me as he moved in harmony. I missed his smile and chocolate brown eyes as he focused on our dances. I missed the way he made me love dance, my first love; a little bit more.

"I missed you too... we have so much to catch up on. Did you audition for the Met !?" I asked excitedly.

"Well about that..." he pointed down to his ankle "it's a small sprain... and after you went missing I decided to skip the audition and help your mom and dad initiate a search party for you instead."

"You should've auditioned—"

"No! I—we almost lost you Adul. It wouldn't have been the same either way."

He looked down as I lifted his chin ensuring that his eyes met mine. I placed a gentle kiss on his lips as I removed myself quickly. "Thank you."

"The first show for the Metropolitan is next week. And since we didn't get to audition I think at least we can attend. If you don't-"

"I would love to." I confessed, I took his hand in my own as he held it tightly.

"I think we should go, your parents are waiting outside." he reasoned.

He helped move off the bed as we walked out to the hospital waiting room. I was immediately embraced by my mothers hold as my father smiled joyfully.

Walking towards the exit I glanced towards Irving. She smiled brightly as her mother held her close. Her younger sister with matching red tresses tugged on her sleeve begging for her attention.

In content I intertwined my hand with Gios, a look of surprise etched in his expression as he looked up to me. I smiled gently as we exited the hospital.

-
Thank you for following me on this journey.
When I do put out the preface or Taehyung's beginning I hope you read that as well. Writing dolls was a very long process. I'm satisfied that it's finally come to an end... well lol kind of. 💕 be sure to check out muse and skin 🕊

Quick update Dec,2020: Thank you so much for the reads on this book. I appreciate you if you were here during the process or just here currently.
Stream abyss and have a good holiday

Update: March 2021 after I wrote this book in 2018 dolls has officially reached 100k thank you so much for reading.