vingt et un

She had nothing, almost literally, but she also wanted nothing—Fyodor Dostoevsky

but she also wanted nothing
—Fyodor Dostoevsky

*triggering topics ahead*

Adul

It was a terrifying and lonely feeling—that began to take over her being for the next few days. The weight of her chest forced her body to shake as salted tears flooded her vision like they did almost every night.

We lied together as she would grasp onto my arm the color of her hand became a pale white. Night terrors brought her awake as she gasped for air to calm her emptiness.

"Gladyce please I'm here." I would say as she would choke on her own tears. I pushed myself up as I quickly turned on the lamp illuminating the room. The other girls woke up sleepily in their beds rushing quickly to surround her shaking figure.

"What was it about this time?" Marisol comforted.

I watched as her eyes closed tightly making her damp lengthy lashes curl under the force. Multiple of tears dispersed down her red cheeks. Her signature birthmark glowing from the wetness and the bright yellow hue.

"I miss Cassidy." she choked burying her head in my chest.

We would wrap our arms around her as she rested in our hold. Knowing that it will bring comfort temporarily, but the terrors would repeat again.

On the days we were forced to work around the mansion it began to get difficult. Our early morning breakfast consisting of fried eggs and toast were freshly prepared on the table. We sat surrounding each other in silence eating our food as Taehyung's voice startled us all making the scraping of the metal utensils on the dining ware come to a halt.

"Gladyce you've been sitting here for moments and haven't taken a bite." He would say as he used his napkin to wipe the sides of his mouth.

I watched as her fork raked the eggs along the plate. She frowned as she slammed the silverware unto the table.

"I don't want to eat sir." She spoke deeply. Taehyung gently shrugged his shoulders as he took a bite of toast.

"Very well then, don't eat." he spoke and so she wouldn't. Darla walked towards her as she picked up her plate and disposed of her food and Gladyce excused herself from breakfast and treaded up the stairs.

"She hasn't eaten in days." Irving whispered making Taehyung furrow his eyebrows.

"When she's hungry she will." He spoke uncaringly.

"She's In despair... Do something!" Genevieve shouted across the room.

"Surely if her sister didn't try to escape she'd still be alive. It was a dumb decision on her twins part." He bit back.

The room would suddenly drift to silence as we continued breakfast. We couldn't expect him to care, we knew he didn't have the ability to.

We were foolish to believe she would learn to cope and foolish to think that her abduction had prepared her for this.