dix-sept

"In the heart of hidden things,"
—Charlotte Mew

Adul

Pulling into the curvature driveway of the mansion he turned off the engine as he rested his head on the steering wheel. Only our soft breathing was heard as we sat in silence. He turned to me as droplets of perspiration sat on his forehead his eyes portrayed worry as he sat upright.

"Irving, you will no longer be seeing Yoongi do you understand?"

His voice broke the immense silence as she turned from her position of staring out the window to facing forward. "Why not? You can't tell me that!" she shouted.

My heart ached at her defensiveness her eyes grew wide as they brimmed with liquid and I figured it had happened to her too. She had fallen in love with a man no better than Taehyung. Yoongi had been a perpetrator just as he was.

"Because I said so! we will keep to ourselves for now on. No escorting, No outside contact, until further notice!" he yelled anxiously.

He opened the car door as we all walked towards the mansion. Irving silently weeping behind us, I took my hand in hers as we entered the quiet home. The light was shining throughout the hall as Darla greeted us.

"Hello how was your evening?" she smiled approaching us.

Our eyes followed as Irving stalked ahead towards the staircase avoiding her presence. I started to go after her once Taehyung caught my wrist, hinting not to move.

"Darla, I need you to wash my clothes... in cold water." he whispered lowly as he proceeded to walk in the bedroom.

"I suppose the evening wasn't so well was it madam?" she questioned

"Not so much," I agreed as I turned to follow Taehyung into the bedroom.

He threw his suit jacket on the ground as he began to undress out of his shirt. He sat his shirt beside him as he sat at the edge of the bed placing his face into his palms.

Sitting beside him I removed the button down sitting it on my lap. Glancing at the wrist I noticed the deep brown hue soaked into the fabric. I looked towards him as he stared into the mirror silently.

"Sit those out for Darla why don't you." He spoke as he stalked towards the bathroom.

My body shivered at the thought that he had harmed someone. I quickly stood as I stopped the bathroom door from closing, he turned to me with an anxious expression.

"Who was it?" I demanded

"What are you on about!?" he challenged.

"Who's blood is seeped into your shirt!?"

He bit his bottom lip as he looked up to me.

"I killed Jimin... he said he harmed you and I wasn't around to stop it... he touched what was mine."

I felt a lump in my throat as I was unable to speak. Stepping further away from him I shook my head in disbelief. He's managed to murder two people because of me, my involvement has made him commit crimes on people that were not deserving.

"You s-shouldn't have killed him! He was your friend!" I shouted as he quickly rushed towards me placing his hand over my mouth. Tears cascaded freely as I stood in his hold.

"Listen to me and listen well," He spoke deeply, his brown eyes glared into my own "These people mean nothing to me! Nothing at all when it comes to you. You are the only worthy thing I have in my life and I will not let them take it away." he growled.