quatorze

(

(...) his clouded heart was
oddly dissonant with the sunny
candid autumn day. - Carson McCullers

ADUL

I felt the cool turquoise water cover my feet as I dipped them in. The reflection of the yellow hue from the sun disappeared with contact.

  "You know Genevieve the pools nice and cool it wouldn't hurt you to jump in." Irving sassed as she floated in the water. Her paddle like movements brushed away fallen petals and leaves from the fall winds.

"I can't be bothered Irving. You know what happened to Athena." Genevieve spoke, she sat underneath the shade tree at the table. Her black sunglasses covering her face as she flipped through a magazine.

"It was a lake. In the Botanical garden. This is a pool in a whole different area...besides Athena would want you to."

"Fuck off Irving. I'm not getting in." she growled as she continued to flip through the glossy pages of vogue.

"Grouchy pants. You need to get every bit of light you can get. You are whiter than the cream cheese I had this morning." Irving cackled earning a scowl from Genevieve.

I felt a warm presence beside me as a hand rested on mine. Her tan legs stretched out in front of her as she gently splashed the water.

"How was it?" She asked,her brown wide eyes searching my expression.

"Yeah How was it?!" Gladyce questioned

"It was interesting...I suppose." I bit my tongue not wanting to tell the full truth. The horror that I've witnessed was caught in my throat. Waiting to be revealed, but the security was uncertain.

"Please get closer to Taehyung...then convince him to let us go." Gladyce laughed earning a smile from Irving.

"Yeah, unlike Hannah...she was thinking about herself and getting back to that boyfriend of hers gosh what was his name?" Irving pondered

"John cook!" Cassidy screamed

"Ooh I loved Jungkook I miss him I'll be with him soon." Irving mocked dramatically putting both hands over her heart and pushing backwards in the water.

"She wrote about him in her diary... and when sir found it—" Marisol paused "let's just say he wasn't happy," she pouted then proceeded to let the cool blue water engulf her body.

"He wasn't happy because she didn't love him. She didn't want to be here,but no one truly does." Gladyce snickered as she lied back in her chair.

"Wherever she is hopefully she found Jungkook and she's happy." Marisol whispered making me shutter.

"You guys actually think she escaped this place? As in he let her go?" I questioned

"Sure... that's what we've all concluded." Marisol responded