vingt-six

We had something
very deeply in common:
the tyranny of culture telling
women who they should be.
—Lidia Yuknavitch

Adul

"So who should be first?" Darla taunted, she walked around the cold space with her hands intertwined. The single light in the room shown on her as she examined us.

Irving and Genevieve sat on both sides of me. Their breathing scarce as anxiety-filled their eyes.

I sat upright as my chills drifted across my skin. My dry lips cracked while I gently bit on the gag between my teeth. The smell of the moldy outhouse entering my senses as I waited patiently for what was to come next.

Taehyung sat pathetically with shut lips. Glaring at her as she did at him. "Should we go in order?" She asked, "The one you wanted to get rid of next?"

My eyes widened as I looked towards him. He shamefully looked away.

"Darla please, " he reasoned.

"Please what!?" she cut back. Stalking over to Genevieve she stoutly stepped on her leg making her yelp in pain. The cracking sound of her limb was heard throughout the room as she heaved loudly.

"Gosh you were the most annoying one, so sassy and disrespectful, you have nothing to say now do you?" Pulling her hair she slammed Genevieve towards the wall causing blood to flow from her white skin. I winced In the horror looking away from the scene.

"What's your favorite way to kill Taehyung?" She questioned while smirking. "Knives? Your bare hands? or just have someone else do the dirty work for you?" Once again she slams Genevieve's head towards the hard wall. Making her heart-wrenching wails fill our ears.

"Darla enough!" He shouted angrily he pulled his body forward in defense.

She paced towards him in anger "Taehyung it's too late to pretend to be innocent. Your doll knows everything. Tell her it was you that killed Athena! Tell her it was us that poisoned Cassidy! Tell her you loaded that gun in only hopes Gladyce would find it! Tell her!"

"Adul do not listen to her, she's insane!" He begged in hopes that I wouldn't believe his truth. But I knew, I've seen the blood on his hands more than once. He was never the victim. Only the perpetrator.

Irving's muffled screams alarmed the two from their argument. They turned to view Genevieve's limp body as the cloth between her lips was flooded with crimson liquid.

"How disgusting," Darla spat. Genevieve continued to heave as she choked on her own bodily fluid. My eyes watered at their carelessness.

'do something' I silently begged.

Darla removed the cloth from Genevieve's still figure and the red liquid drifted from her lips to her chin. "Hopefully she doesn't die soon, that ruins all the fun I get from torturing her." She wiped her bloodstained hand on a white cloth.

"You will regret this Darla. Out of all the things I've done for you this is the ultimate betrayal!" Taehyung sneered. He licked his dry lips as he continued to struggle against the rope. "I gave you everything!"