quinze

"You have taken me away from all joy

Yet I will suffer exactly, and very exactly
only as long as it pleases me, "- Christine Lavant

Adul

My heavy eyes opened to the ray of sun from the window the light being slightly distorted through the white curtains. My body flushed against his white bedsheets as my limbs untangled from my sleep. His warmth was departed from mine making the other bedside empty as a fluffed pillow was taking his place.

The sound of bathwater quickly flowed as the light peeped through the bathroom. I pushed myself up frowning at how long I've been sleep. The ticking sound of his vintage analog clock that hung on the wall clashed with the flowing water as the bathroom door quickly opened.

He revealed himself walking in towards his large dresser as his upper body was shirtless and his pants hanging low on his hips.

"Good morning sleepyhead, You're finally awake," he smiled "I made you a bath, we have somewhere to be this afternoon." he spoke, he paced towards me placing a kiss upon my cheek.

I widened my eyes at his actions, ever since my forgiveness his demeanor has changed. His kindness towards me became immense but I had a feeling it wouldn't last.

"Where do we have to be exactly?" I asked as he turned from his large dresser to face me.

"Namjoon is having our annual banquet at his home, and after two years of hosting it myself I'm quite delighted to rest for a change."

I rolled my eyes at his explanation, once again would I have to portray his trophy wife, a prized possession he would show off to his rich friends and then I would return to this captivity.

Although I knew my plan was to continue playing his game to use it against him—I couldn't change so quickly... I could not end up like Hannah.

"And what if I don't want to go? you should take the other girls out for a change."  I challenged as he continued to roam through his drawer.

"The other dolls aren't you," he lowered his voice
"and your baths getting cold." sighing he reached for my wrist.

Retracting my wrist from his hold I made my way to his large bathroom as he followed right behind me. I quickly turned to shut the door as his hand forced it open.

"Please... I won't do anything without your permission." his expression softened.

I slowly opened the door as he quickly walked towards the sink grabbing two champagne glasses that were half filled. Candles surrounded the small space as well as two trays of fruit.

"Consider this... a thank you, for your forgiveness, in no way do I truly deserve it." he smiled, handing me a glass. I took a small sip as the liquid burned my throat waking me from my drowsiness.