cinq

We bury ourselves in each other ,scream,shudder, shatter

shatter." - Radha Narayan

ADUL
I sat there, limbs spread out like fallen branches as the tears cascaded freely.
How could this happen to me? This isn't the way I thought I'd live my life.

There were three small knocks on the door that I didn't dare to answer, afraid that'll be him. Irving entered with Marisol following behind.

"Hey we heard the noise, " Marisol spoke her white nightgown flowed down her cinnamon skin. "Taehyung can be strict sometimes," she tried to comfort me, sitting down beside me as she moved the wet strands of hair that stuck to my cheeks.

"Oh dear, " Irving whispered, walking to the dresser to grab a tissue out of the tissue box. "He hit you didn't he?" she pouted.

"He was just—aggressive but if he could I swear he would hit me, " I sighed.

Her crimson hair was in a bun; she was wearing a similar white dress as Marisol's. Gently patting my eyes with the soft tissue her pink lips opened to speak. "You're coming down for dinner Taehyung would be upset if you still had tears on your face, " she stated as Marisol searched through my drawers pulling out a similar nightgown.

"Please get ready, he gets seriously upset when we're not presentable," she spoke handing me the frilly gown.

"It's only dinner, " I whispered grabbing the fabric as I began to put it on.

"Yeah but ... he takes things very seriously one time we had dinner and his friends came over without notice!" Irving laughed as Marisol nodded.

"Are you guys happy here?" I blurted out as I pondered about their laughter and acts of freedom when they are surely trapped.

"We don't really have a choice but to be, I mean my life wasn't as good before, " Marisol whispered "If I left, I wouldn't have anyone to go home to, Taehyung took me when I was alone," she spoke.

"But do you ever miss it? Do you ever miss the freedom?" I cried as I begged for someone to see my perspective.

"Of course, I miss having a choice," she laughed dolefully.

"I miss everything, " Irving mused "I miss my old life so much, I hated it then, but oh how it wants it now," she murmured with a glum expression.

"I can't stay here; I need to leave, " I wept as I neared them "please you must help me leave there's something you have to do." I implored.

"We can't, " they spoke in unison.

"It's way too risky, " Marisol spoke.

"It's not a good choice," Irving agreed.

"Well, why the fuck not!" I shouted from my lungs in disbelief.