seize

"The worst is that I don't know whether your affection gives life or takes it away

whether your affection
gives life or takes it away."- Peter Turrini

Adul

"one hundred fifty thousand." I heard beside me.
He held up the handheld sign while his eyes were focused on her. Her face appeared red as her eyes began to water. The wetness of her cheeks being blurred by the spotlights.

She had my sympathy.

"One hundred fifty thousand do we have a higher bid?" Jimin questioned searching around the room.

"Two hundred thousand." a voice rose from the back of the room. Multiple bodies turned to see the owner, the man stood in a black suit with the sign in his hand. His cheeks rose to a small smile as he glanced towards Taehyung challenging him to place a higher bid.

"Can we get a two hundred fifty?"

I looked to Taehyung mentally begging him not to place any higher. This girl didn't deserve to be at hands of either of these men but from what I experienced definitely not the hands of him.

"Two hundred thousand going once." The room was anxious to see if he was to bid a higher bid.

"Going twice."

He glanced at me with parted lips as his hands hovered over the handheld sign that rested on the table.

please don't

"Sold to the gentleman sitting towards the back!" Jimin chanted as he extended out his arm to point to the man succeeded in winning a human being.

I grimaced as the man roughly yanked the girl backstage. Her wails becoming louder as she left the room. The claps and cheers filled the reception area as everyone applauded the man for his new purchase.

"Sir please meet us after the banquet to discuss transactions," Jimin spoke into the microphone. The lights filtered the room as people remained in conversation.

"Taehyung?" I questioned as he slowly sipped on the glass of red wine finishing the rest of the beverage. He furrowed his eyebrows as he turned to me.

"Adul, follow me... I have a friend I would like you to meet," He spoke as he stood from chair lending out a hand.

I took it carefully as we began to walk towards the back of the reception area. The man who won the auction sat at a rounded table amongst an array of gentlemen as they chatted and laughed. Their attention turning to us as Taehyung cleared his throat.

"Nice to see you again Hoseok." He stated

The man's eyes grew wide as a smile took over his face. His heart-shaped features enlightened as he stood to greet Taehyung.

"Taehyung? It's truly been too long!" He grinned embracing him in a hug.

"What brings you around here and how's Marlene?" Taehyung spoke as the man turned behind him and retrieved his drink.