six

"And I shall tempt — and I shall tempt"                     - Fyodor Sologub

- Fyodor Sologub

Adul

The soft satin of bedsheets caressed my form as the sunlight blinded me. Stretching my torso, I felt my heart drop at the memories of the night before. The screams and echoes of hits and pain that pierced my ears.

My heart had felt empty as though there was a big hole inside it caused by fear. "I can't stay here." I whispered to myself. My bare feet contacted the hardwood floor as I forced myself to stand. The knob on my door started to turn as Irving poked her head through startling me with her presence.

"Good you're awake." she smiled. Her hair was curled at the ends matching her painted red lips. She held onto her satin robe as she walked towards my dresser "Let's get you ready okay?" She spoke as she opened the drawers picking up the lacey lingerie and corset and examining its design.

I sighed crossing my arms over my chest. "Must I wear that? It's very revealing."

"If not, what would you wear then?" she asked with wide eyes.

Without any further argument, I made my way to the corner of the bedroom stripping my clothes.

"We have to do your makeup soon we have products in the other room." She fumbled over my dresser at the lack of my belongings.

I slipped on the white corset that fit tightly on my body. The white stockings stopping mid-thigh were made to compliment the corset. I felt completely nude.

"You're so pretty."  She spoke stepping towards me to take my dark brown hair out of its ponytail. Her scent was vivid as vanilla as her auburn eyes gazed at me.

"Your hairs a little tangled but we'll fix that soon." smiling she handed me a silk robe as she took me to the shared room where the girls all crowded.

Leaning over the dressers to look into the wide glass mirrors they applied their makeup. I sat at the edge of the bed watching them in all their glory, admiring how beautiful they were.

"Red lipstick or Nude?" Gladyce questioned as she held up both tubes to compare.

"Try red the men always love red." Genevieve responds brushing dark black liquid across her lashes until she deemed them complete.

There was a small knock on the door grabbing all of our attention. Her pale body emerged with sorrowful visage. A shadowy bruise compassed her right eye contrasting against the ocean blue color, his work completed with a myriad of purple marks left along her physique.

"My God Athena are you okay?!" Genevieve asked, her eyes wide as she stood up from the vanity walking towards the girl's fragile figure.

"Of course I am, I'm f-fine I... I just need to get ready." she stumbled walking over the vanity looking for makeup products.