Chapter 3

•Cade•

•Cade•

H U S S E I N

"Catch you later, bitch. I'm finna be late." Hussein adjusted the hood on his jacket.

"Cool," Pee Lee nodded. "Just let me know when you tryna ball."

"Fa'sho." The pair of friends dapped each other off and we went their separate ways.

The other day, Principal Code mailed consent forms to Hussein's house that asked his mother for her permission to allow him to participate in weekly tutoring sessions. Hussein tried persuading O'Nicka by giving her reasons why he didn't need it, but she wound up signing the papers anyway.

Hussein was forced to cancel his plans to play basketball with Pee Lee today to be tutored. He dreaded having to be with some smart ass for the next three hours that he could've spent shitting on Pee Lee.

Hussein decided to suck it up, though. He didn't have a choice in the matter.

Hussein pushed open the large glass doors of the library. He searched around and saw many students either reading or typing speedily on the computers.

As he surveyed the room, a dark skinned girl sitting by a table in the back raised her hand while looking towards him. That let him know she was the one who would be tutoring him. He instantly moved to where she was sitting.

Hussein sat in the chair across from her. He realized it was the strange girl from yesterday in the store.

Since when did she go to this school?

Just by looking at her, he could tell she was putting on a facade. The girl was acting as though she was more into the sessions than she really was.

Hussein knew for a fact she wasn't that happy to see him. He figured Mr. Code must have promised her a big reward for her help.

"Hey, how are you?" The girl greeted him with a wide grin.

Hussein didn't know the girl like that so he didn't answer her. He just stared at her, uninterested in this whole thing.

"Okay, so you're not a talker," Soriya stuck out her hand in between them while greeting him. "That's cool. Well, my name's Soriya."

When she realized he wasn't going to shake her hand, she shamefully dropped it to her side.

"You don't have to tell me your name because I already know it's Hussein."

She started digging in her childish ass "Dora the Explorer" school bag, pulling out huge math books.

"What the fuck," Hussein was confused as to how she knew his name. "What kinda stalker shit you on?"

"It's nothing like that," he could tell she was a little embarrassed by the way he reacted. "People just talk about you a lot at school."