Chapter 7

•Ciera•

•Ciera•

S O R I Y A

          Soriya unlocked the front door. Before walking in the house, she checked to see if Hussein had been a gentleman and waited until she was in the house to drive off.

Unfortunately, he was long gone.

"Wassup, kiddo?" Quin asked as Soriya entered the house.

He was laid back in his leather recliner while watching a football game.

"Hey." Soriya answer quickly, trying to rush to the stairs.

Before she could make it up there, Quin stopped her.

"I want to talk to you for a second," he told her.

Soriya sighed, realizing a conversation would have to happen between her and her father sooner or later.

She stumped over to the couch next to him. She then sat down, waiting for him to start talking.

"You know what this about, right?"

She nodded back rudely.

He sat up straight, "Are you upset with me?"

He sat his manly hand on her shoulder.

"Because if me always being gone is taking a toll on you I coul—"

She interrupted him, "Dad that's far from it."

"It's just that I'm getting older," she continued. "And you constantly calling me to see what I'm doing is starting to get annoying."

"But that's the only way I could keep in touch with you while I'm gone, sweetheart. You know I hate missing out on everything you do."

"And I understand that, but can you stop? It really bothers me. You wanna annoy somebody, go annoy the other child." Soriya said, referring to Dominique.

She regretted saying anything as soon as the words came out her mouth.

She could instantly see in his eyes that her words hurt him.

"Well, if that's how you feel." He abruptly sat up then climbed up the steps to the master bedroom.

Soriya silently scolded herself. She needed to learn to think before she spoke. Especially since she felt like she slightly overreacted.