Chapter 6

• "Work" by Rihanna ft. Drake•

An Hour Later. . .

S O R I Y A

S O R I Y A

          "You sure you okay?" Kinsley asked Soriya for the eleventh time. She was beginning to get Kinsley's her nerves.

"I'm absolutely fine, Kinsley," she replied. "Stop worrying about me."

"Okay?" She said with a bit of an attitude. "Well, do you want something to drink?"

"I could use a drink." Soriya pushed her hair out of her face.

"Anything in particular?"

"You can just give me whatever you decide."

"I'll get someone here of age to buy us a drink." Kinsley said before getting up and strutting to the bar.

Soriya sighed as she looked down and twiddled with fingers. She was only at the party for a few minutes and was already bored and wanted to go home.

"So you came?" She looked up from her hands to see Hussein standing in front of her grinning.

Her eyes instantly went to his shiny gold, diamond encrusted grills.

He was sporting an all black apparel which brought out the gold chain that hung from his neck. It matched his gold Rolex that gleamed from his wrist.

Soriya moves her eyes lower, noticing his blood-red Christian Louboutin sneakers. She thought it paired well with his black ripped jeans.

How could he afford these luxuries?

It definitely doesn't match his living situation, she thought.

"Yeah, but I think I'm about to leave." She noticed Kinsley talking to some guy by bar.

When Kinsley came back, Soriya was going ask her if she could take her home.

"Already?" His eyebrows furrowed. "The party just started."

"I already told you," she said. "This isn't my scene."

"I could help." He sat down next to her on the couch.

"How could you possibly help me?" She asked and she turned to face him.

He looked out into the dance floor then back at her.

"You wanna dance?" He asked.

"I don't dance."

"Just let me do most of the work," he offered. "I'm tryna get you to have fun."

She tried to decide if she should take him up on his offer.

She noticed that he was eagerly waiting for her answer.

"Fine, but—"

Before she could even finish her sentence, she was yanked off of the couch by her arm and dragged onto the dance floor.