Chapter 23

K I N S L E Y

K I N S L E Y

           Kinsley helpfully grabbed the foil pan of fried chicken from Tyrese to place on the burner. Kinsley was thankful that after putting all the food out, she would be able to enjoy the party with the rest of her family and friends.

Tyrese went to join Kinsley's mother in whatever else she needed assistance with.

"Need help," Kinsley quickly put the pan where it belonged and glanced behind her, seeing Soriya standing there. "I know I have to leave early, but I want to do as much as I can before I go."

Kinsley rubbed her hands together, to remove the oil from the chicken off of her palms. "Go check on Moniece for me. See if she need anything before we reveal the gender."

Kinsley noticed Soriya sneakily roll her eyes, "And act like you actually like the girl today. Her hormones been all over the place recently and I do not need her having another mental breakdown in front of all these people."

Soriya sighed, "Fine."

Kinsley briefly observed Soriya move over to where Moniece was sitting, wearing her best fake smile. Both of Moniece's hands were perched on the arms on a tall white chair that resembled a throne.

Kinsley, with the help of her family, had somehow managed to decorate the entire hall rented for the party the day before. Moniece was beyond grateful for the work of her cousin, considering no one had done anything nice for her in a while.

At first Moniece was upset that she was the only parent of the child attending the party, since she still did not know who was the father. However, the party's positive energy brightened her spirits as soon as she stepped through the doors of the hall.

Moniece's mother, Lisa, previously had made everyone aware of her absence at the party. She was still quite upset about her daughter's pregnancy.

Despite Moniece's reaction to her mother's behavior, Kinsley was proud of Moniece for coming so far in such a small amount of months. The news of the baby changed the way Moniece acted and her maturity level. Yes, she was young. But, Moniece was beginning to learn and understand more than she did before.

"Your momma said to come help her sit the desserts out on the dessert table," Kinsley's grandma, Debbi, sat her hand on Kinsley's shoulder. "Everything but the apple pie. She wants to take that home."

"Ok," Kinsley nodded. "Watch the food while I'm gone, please?"

Once Debbi agreed to do as Kinsley asked, Kinsley made her way over the help her mother.