Chapter 21

S O R I Y A

S O R I Y A

"The hell is wrong with you?" Faryn asked after watching Soriya aggressively shut the front door.

Soriya rolled her eyes, "Hussein is what's wrong with me."

"Didn't y'all just make up?" Soriya secretly side-eyed Faryn while she patted for her to sit next to her on the couch. Soriya absolutely hated when her mother made it seem like she and Hussein were in a relationship. "What he do this time?"

Soriya dropped her head into the palms of her hands out of frustration.

"The real question is what he don't do?" Soriya lifted her head to face Faryn. "He forgot to pick me up from work today."

"Why couldn't you just drive home like you always do?"

"Dominique needed to borrow my car to bring Cass to her dance rehearsal since Tone used her car today." Soriya frowned.

Faryn rubbed Soriya's back, softly. "He probably just forgot, baby. Did you call him?"

"Yeah, but he didn't pick up. I had to hitchhike a ride with my coworker, Kiari." Soriya rubbed her forehead.

"Boys are stupid, Bundy." Faryn sighed. "Their priorities are all over the place."

Soriya didn't respond, only nodded her head.

Faryn hopped off of the couch and proceeded to stretch out her arms. "I'm going to take a nap. It's been a wild day at work."

"Let me call him one more time," Soriya mumbled to herself before she pulled out her phone.

Soriya stared at her phone in annoyance while waiting for Hussein to answer. She pinched the bridge of her nose when the recorded voicemail played through the phone speaker.

Hussein was really trying her, at this point. He didn't have to worry, though. As soon as Soriya saw him, he was definitely going to hear her mouth.

________

          "So you just gonna ignore me all night?" Hussein asked Soriya for the millionth time while sitting next to her on her bed. "I said I was sorry, B."

Hussein realized he forgot about Soriya an hour ago and rushed to her house to apologize. Faryn let him in, without Soriya's consent, and he hasn't shut up about how sorry he was since.

Between him being irresponsible and Faryn going against her wishes, Soriya didn't know who was getting on her nerves more.