Chapter 25

D O M I N I Q U E

D O M I N I Q U E

          "Y'all had fun, girls?" Dominique questioned Kayla and Cassidy while offering them warm, salted pretzels topped with a white chocolate glaze. Both girls were propped up on either side of Tone's hips with each one of his bulky arms wrapped around their torso.

After realizing she and Tone were now stuck with each other for life, Dominique made it her mission to rebuild her relationships with every one of his kids. Today, the happy couple traveled with Kayla and Cassidy to see a new children's film at the movie theatre since the siblings were so close. This was probably because the girls were the same age.

Now, the family was strolling through the mall so Dominique could buy a few items for the girls. They had just finished ordering food at the food court.

"Yes, mommy," Cassidy responded. "Kay Kay made me laugh for most of the movie, though."

Dominique was ecstatic to finally convince Jaide, Kayla's mom, to allow her daughter to hang out with Dominique and Cassidy for the day. Even though many years had passed, Jaide was still jealous that Tone chose Dominique over her.

Despite Jaide knowing Tone was with Dominique, she had no shame in being the side-piece. Back then, she even trapped Tone by getting pregnant with Kayla around the same time she found out Dominique had just gotten pregnant with Cassidy. It was safe to say that Jaide was obsessed with being Dominique, and she desired to be in her place.

Tone, Dominique, and the kids settled down at a nearby table. "Don't eat that too fast," Dominique fussed at Cassidy when she noticed her inhale half of her pretzel.

"Ms. Dom," Kayla's soft voice caused Dominique to give the girl her full attention. "I wished my mommy would do this kind of stuff with me all the time."

"I'm sure if you asked her she would bring you anywhere you wanna go." Dominique smiled.

Kayla shook her head, "Whenever I ask her, she tells me it's too much money." The young girl's head drooped down. "She said she wishes she could, but it gets hard for her sometimes."

Dominique stretched her hand to rub Kayla's back sympathetically. She couldn't completely put herself in the little girl's shoes since her parents were wealthy. Growing up, Dominique and Soriya never had to wonder where their next meal came from since everything they ever wanted was given to them on a silver platter.

On the contrary, Dominique's biological father was never there for her financially. It's not like she needed his money, though. Her mother and stepfather supplied her with more than enough.